PDA

View Full Version : Threaded mode - widening message list

Gary Maltzen
May 28th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Ah, yes, the problem I discovered on DesktopPublishing..

In threaded mode while viewing a thread (FF 1.0.4) each time I click on next/prev or select a different message the window displaying the indented list of messages widens by a few pixels eventually overflowing the screen width causing the appearance of a horizontal scroll bar.

This problem does not manifest itself when, as on the vB support board, the margins are restricted.

I spent some time a couple of months ago wandering through the JS without figuring out where the problem lies.

(It's mainly a nuisance having the Next/Prev buttons suddenly change screen location while paging through the messages in a thread.)

Judy G. Russell
May 28th, 2005, 04:43 PM
This problem does not manifest itself when, as on the vB support board, the margins are restricted.
Do you have any clue at all as to what setting controls that?

Gary Maltzen
May 28th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Do you have any clue at all as to what setting controls that?
I have no experience installing and configuring vB. It seemed during DTPF experiments that certain themes restrict the overall width.

I see in the vB community forum that a similar problem was reported in 3.0.2 and never resolved ("closed-unconfirmed").

Judy G. Russell
May 28th, 2005, 09:49 PM
I see in the vB community forum that a similar problem was reported in 3.0.2 and never resolved ("closed-unconfirmed").
Rats. That's not terribly promising, is it...?