PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 3 warning

davidh
June 17th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Most of my extensions no longer work after upgrade to ver. 3.

However, since NoScript DOES work, I'll keep it in the hope that the other addons will soon be FF 3 compatible.

DH

Mike
June 18th, 2008, 01:12 AM
I lost 11 of 33. However, none of the ones I lost are critical.

ndebord
June 18th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Most of my extensions no longer work after upgrade to ver. 3.

However, since NoScript DOES work, I'll keep it in the hope that the other addons will soon be FF 3 compatible.

DH

David,

I downloaded the full version and the portable, but having looked at your posts and others on mozillazine, I think I'll hold off for a bit. Some of my extensions probably won't work and I like them all (PrefBar is absolutely essential).

davidh
June 21st, 2008, 02:17 PM
Be sure that Firefox 3 and Firefox 2 are both set to check for updates AUTOMATICALLY since there is an unpatched vulnerability (exploit) that affects both. But the exploit is apparently not yet found "in the wild".

ndebord
June 24th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Be sure that Firefox 3 and Firefox 2 are both set to check for updates AUTOMATICALLY since there is an unpatched vulnerability (exploit) that affects both. But the exploit is apparently not yet found "in the wild".

David,

Actually, in FF 2, I have the auto update thing turned off in both extensions and the browser itself. It was popping up at the most inopportune times and unless my brain completely foggs over, I do manage to manually check every week and more often if warnings show up through rss posts.