PDA

View Full Version : ZIP DISKS

Dan in Saint Louis
April 10th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Does anyone here still use ZIP disks? I have a dozen or so 100MB disks sitting here gathering dust. Maybe an external (parallel-port) drive or two, also.

davidh
April 10th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I saw a video on YouTube about how to make a punch bowl stirrer. I forget the details. Just remember to use water until you get a reliable system. Or the vodka bill might be too high.

DH

Judy G. Russell
April 11th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Does anyone here still use ZIP disks? I have a dozen or so 100MB disks sitting here gathering dust. Maybe an external (parallel-port) drive or two, also.And I must have, oh, roughly a kazillion 1.44Mb floppies...

ndebord
April 11th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Does anyone here still use ZIP disks? I have a dozen or so 100MB disks sitting here gathering dust. Maybe an external (parallel-port) drive or two, also.

Dan,

What kind of parallel port hd would you be referring to?

<g>

Dan in Saint Louis
April 12th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Dan, What kind of parallel port hd would you be referring to?<g>
Actually, parallel port ZIP drives, not hard drives. They connect via parallel cables and pass the signals through to another connector on the back of the drive for the printer. Neat way to add a ZIP drive to a laptop, in the days when laptops had parallel ports<G>.

ndebord
April 12th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Actually, parallel port ZIP drives, not hard drives. They connect via parallel cables and pass the signals through to another connector on the back of the drive for the printer. Neat way to add a ZIP drive to a laptop, in the days when laptops had parallel ports<G>.

Dan,

Ah. No zip drives for me. But parallel ports, YUP. TWO. One on my wife's aging Compag 110 (w98se) and one on my aging Thinkpad T40. <weak grin>

Still looking for my ultimate backup routine. Preferably an image, but not Acronis (sp) or Ghost.