PDA

View Full Version : What means *ball, and why in public?

Jeff
April 5th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Could you all please take your musings about balls and bats somewhere else?
I could offer a title for a new section, but you might like yours better.

I have six channels of european football, but I don't brag about it.

- Jeff

Judy G. Russell
April 5th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I have six channels of european football, but I don't brag about it.Maybe you should!

Seriously, I don't see that it would be a good thing to fragment the forum into sections for sports, politics, religion, and we already have a section for sex that doesn't get used very much! (I wonder if the Dragon gets lonely...)

ndebord
April 5th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Could you all please take your musings about balls and bats somewhere else?
I could offer a title for a new section, but you might like yours better.

I have six channels of european football, but I don't brag about it.

- Jeff

Jeff,

Nothing personal, but it has been a very long-standing tradition to talk about the Yankees in this forum. Goes back to sysop lunches in the Big Apple.

I don't know that bragging is exactly the term I would use; perhaps rabid fan would be more like it.

Jeff
April 6th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Jeff,

Nothing personal, but it has been a very long-standing tradition to talk about the Yankees in this forum. Goes back to sysop lunches in the Big Apple.

I don't know that bragging is exactly the term I would use; perhaps rabid fan would be more like it.

Yeah, I was in curmudgeon mode yesterday. It happens when I keep getting the "unread" flag on threads I don't remember and then go there to discover that I don't remember them for a reason.

- Jeff

Judy G. Russell
April 6th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I was in curmudgeon mode yesterdayDo you have a license to use that mode, or do you have to pay Wayne Scott a royalty?

ndebord
April 6th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I was in curmudgeon mode yesterday. It happens when I keep getting the "unread" flag on threads I don't remember and then go there to discover that I don't remember them for a reason.

- Jeff

Jeff,

As Judy said... in this litigious age, Wayne has probably already gotten a copyright on the term!