PDA

View Full Version : Where to Report Problems with OS

Guerri Stevens
March 21st, 2008, 09:26 AM
I have a recurring problem under Vista. It doesn't seem to hurt anything that I can see, and the details are not always the same. Where should these problems be reported? To Microsoft, and if so, how? or to Toshiba because the message says "Toshiba Flash Cards has stopped working"? Or would it be better to start somewhere else - the CompuServe Windows forum, maybe, where things might be more reasonable?

Dan in Saint Louis
March 21st, 2008, 12:08 PM
the CompuServe Windows forum, maybe, where things might be more reasonable?A few of the sysops there have begun testing pilot installations of Vista. Some are still fighting it, others have begun to accept that it is what it is.

If you post there, be sure to state which "flavor" of Vista you have, and quote exactly any error messages that may plague you. Two of the sysops will chide you otherwise.

Guerri Stevens
March 22nd, 2008, 07:11 AM
A few of the sysops there have begun testing pilot installations of Vista. Some are still fighting it, others have begun to accept that it is what it is.
Fighting describes my attitude! I may go over there. But for the time being, the problem is not really solved, but I found out that the application in question is something I don't want and have wondered how to get rid of. It puts a tool bar I guess you'd call it at the top of the screen and just off of it, so that if you slide the mouse pointer up there it will slide into view. Someone told me how to run MSCONFIG and turn it off. I was thrilled! Especially because the web cam bar slides in and out off to the left of the screen and I often move the pointer too far over there. I turned that off as well.

Vista in its over-helpfulness now puts an icon in the sys tray (now called the "notification area" at the bottom right of the screen to let you know that some things have been turned off. I guess I can live with that.