PDA

View Full Version : who will be president?

ndebord
March 16th, 2008, 04:11 PM
As we see the no holds barred war between Obama and Hillary, this children's rhyme has been making the rounds.

"There once were two cats of Kilkenny/Each thought there was one cat too many/So they fought and they fit, and they scratched and they bit/Till excepting their nails and the tips of their tails/Instead of two cats there weren't any."

Judy G. Russell
March 16th, 2008, 05:35 PM
As we see the no holds barred war between Obama and Hillary, this children's rhyme has been making the rounds.

"There once were two cats of Kilkenny/Each thought there was one cat too many/So they fought and they fit, and they scratched and they bit/Till excepting their nails and the tips of their tails/Instead of two cats there weren't any."I saw that the other day and thought how very apt...

Bill Hirst
March 22nd, 2008, 10:44 AM
Obama and Cinton .. or Clinton and Obama could be a winning ticket. Right now I'd vote for any sane candidate that's not pro Iraq.

--Bill

earler
March 22nd, 2008, 03:13 PM
No politician in his right mind would accept the post of vp under hillary clinton, this because he (or she) would really be assistant vp because hillary's de facto vp would be her husband.

ndebord
March 22nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
No politician in his right mind would accept the post of vp under hillary clinton, this because he (or she) would really be assistant vp because hillary's de facto vp would be her husband.

Earl,

Thanks to the "Wright" tempest in a teapot, Obama's numbers in PA are in the 30s now and falling in other states yet to vote, like NC.

How about Clinton/Gore II?

;-)

Judy G. Russell
March 22nd, 2008, 06:19 PM
Obama and Cinton .. or Clinton and Obama could be a winning ticket. Right now I'd vote for any sane candidate that's not pro Iraq.At this point, I'm not sure I'd even insist on sanity (is any politician really sane???).

Mike
March 23rd, 2008, 03:30 AM
At this point, I'm not sure I'd even insist on sanity (is any politician really sane???).
Does a megalomaniac qualify as "sane"?

ndebord
March 23rd, 2008, 10:01 AM
Does a megalomaniac qualify as "sane"?

Mike,

There was a sci-fi writer (name escapes me) who wrote about the leaders of men thusly: "There are tigers amongst us."

Judy G. Russell
March 23rd, 2008, 08:44 PM
Does a megalomaniac qualify as "sane"?To the extent that any politician is sane, it would have to qualify!

Mike
March 24th, 2008, 01:57 AM
To the extent that any politician is sane, it would have to qualify!
I've questioned on many occasions whether those who want to be Representatives, Senators, Presidents, et al, really are qualified for the job. :confused:

Judy G. Russell
March 24th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I've questioned on many occasions whether those who want to be Representatives, Senators, Presidents, et al, really are qualified for the job. :confused:One of my good friends was a slam dunk to be nominated for a US District Court judgeship back when a Democrat could still be nominated (and when the GOP would go after one with a hatchet). He pulled his name out -- said neither he nor his family needed for him to go through that. I've always thought David was remarkably sane... which means all the others who do put themselves and their families through such are NOT.

Mike
March 25th, 2008, 01:33 AM
...which means all the others who do put themselves and their families through such are NOT.
Exactly. I do believe in public service, but when it gets so political, I question the motives of the people who are "volunteering."

There's a rather obscene metaphor that many of my friends use to describe situations such as today's politics. Those who don't want to be offended should not select the text between the two lines below.

------------------------------------------------------

They're all seeing who can wave the biggest dick.

------------------------------------------------------

Judy G. Russell
March 25th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Exactly. I do believe in public service, but when it gets so political, I question the motives of the people who are "volunteering."Any self-selected group can be a little frightening.

Mike
March 26th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Any self-selected group can be a little frightening.
A little frightening?

Judy G. Russell
March 26th, 2008, 08:43 PM
A little frightening?I'm practicing my understatements.

Mike
March 27th, 2008, 02:23 AM
I'm practicing my understatements.
Welcome to the club!

ndebord
March 27th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Any self-selected group can be a little frightening.

Judy,

You think?

;-)

Judy G. Russell
March 28th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Judy, you think?Not if I can help it.

ndebord
March 29th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Not if I can help it.

Judy,

Seriously though, that is the thought that unnerves me. The fear that we have passed beyond the rule of law on a slippery slope that is irreversible.

Judy G. Russell
March 31st, 2008, 09:28 AM
Seriously though, that is the thought that unnerves me. The fear that we have passed beyond the rule of law on a slippery slope that is irreversible.I think this election will tell us a lot as to whether that fear (of irreversible damage) is true or not.

ndebord
April 8th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I think this election will tell us a lot as to whether that fear (of irreversible damage) is true or not.

Judy,

And this on McCain.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/04/onward_the_revolution.html

When Pat Buchannan sounds more sane than John McCain, you gotta fear for the consequences of this man becoming President.

Judy G. Russell
April 8th, 2008, 08:14 PM
When Pat Buchannan sounds more sane than John McCain, you gotta fear for the consequences of this man becoming President.I fear that possibility for many reasons.

ndebord
April 9th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I fear that possibility for many reasons.

Judy,

This from Raw Story.

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/McCain_Reports_of_angry_temper_false_0409.html

Fox's balanced news once again.