March 6th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I said I'd heard that "XP is just plain
banned at some major companies."

I mistyped. (Second time I've done that in the
past two days. I HATE when that happens.) Of
course I meant Vista.

--Dodi

--------------------------------------------------------------------
mail2web.com – What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?
http://link.mail2web.com/Business/SharePoint

Judy Madnick
March 6th, 2008, 05:04 PM
<< I mistyped. (Second time I've done that in the
<< past two days. I HATE when that happens.) Of
<< course I meant Vista.

That's what I thought. And we've all "been there, done that." <sigh>

Judy

earler
March 7th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Many large companies block new versions of windows, as well as of applications in order to simplify control and service. For some time they wouldn't allow xp either, for the same reason.

Lindsey
March 7th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Many large companies block new versions of windows, as well as of applications in order to simplify control and service. For some time they wouldn't allow xp either, for the same reason.
Not only that, but a new version of the OS needs to be thoroughly tested for compatibility with existing software before it is rolled out in a corporate environment.

Our banking software vendor is still recommending against Vista for its clients because they have not yet satisfied themselves that it is fully compatible with all of the various add-on components that go with their software.

--Lindsey

davidh
March 7th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Not only that, but a new version of the OS needs to be thoroughly tested for compatibility with existing software before it is rolled out in a corporate environment.

Our banking software vendor is still recommending against Vista for its clients because they have not yet satisfied themselves that it is fully compatible with all of the various add-on components that go with their software.

--Lindsey Somehow I think this problem might be less prevalent with LINUX and FreeBSD of which I am NOT now a user. Somehow I think I am fortunate that my Xmas present Windows PC was XP and not Vista.

David H.

Lindsey
March 10th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Somehow I think this problem might be less prevalent with LINUX and FreeBSD of which I am NOT now a user.
Maybe, but I don't know of any bankers that use Linux or FreeBSD. They're mostly not that imaginative!

--Lindsey