PDA

View Full Version : Madefy defs up

Bill Hirst
May 28th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Here are the definitions for madefy, a very odd collection, but that's normal here. Don't look up the word yet, but pick your two favorite ones that "might" be the real meaning. Vote by public reply, somewhere in the parlor (preferably in the "markey" thread.) I usually read the entire forum, so I'll probably see misdirected posts. If you don't vote on Compuserve Tapcis, you can vote on the Yahoo Coryphaeus group or the new Tapcis.com forum. I'll see votes there too.

For those of you who need to vote by e-mail, you can reach me at billhirst@tapcis.net or billhirst@comcast.net.

Vote before 10:00 PM (EST) Sunday evening, or 7:00 pm Pacific time, or 0200 Greenwich Mean Time Monday for marijke and others on that side of the pond. I don't know what time it would be in Australia or Africa, so if you live there you'll have to work it out for yourself. Anyway, it should be about 36 hours from the timestamp on this message.

New players are welcome, even if you didn't enter a definition this round. Don't look in a dictionary. Full rules, if you're curious, are in the file RULES.DIX in library 17.

1: fig-worms

2: to reduce to slag .

3: madden, bewilder [slang]

4: To choose the lesser of two evils

5: to pour splashingly or unsteadily.

6: To add a brushed lustre to a surface.

7: to render virginal; to become a virgin

8: a currant or raisin pudding (N. Eng.).

9: A crack or *breach* in a dike or levee.

10: to confirm the virginity of (a prospective bride]

11: To make wet or moist, typ. by walking in a mist; to moisten.

12: A low-growing succulent often used as a border in ornamental gardens.

13: Civilian dress, especially when worn by one who normally wears a uniform

14: a type of signal flag flown on Dutch ships in the East Indies in the 19th century.

15: To cause another person to go mad, usually an enemy, frequently through the use of the occult or the supernatural

16: to strengthen the shells of eggs using a costly chemical process, in preparation for their conversion into permanent Russian Easter eggs; from Madevladiminsky, who invented the chemical treatment in St. Petersburg in 1821.

-Bill

Wayne Scott
May 28th, 2005, 10:59 AM
1 and 15, please.

Hugo Kornelis
May 28th, 2005, 01:51 PM
(copy of my vote in the old TAPCIS Forum)

Hi Bill,

My votes are for #10 and #11, for reasons better not disclosed here.

Best, Hugo

Dick Toll
May 29th, 2005, 05:37 AM
I'll take one of #2 and #6, please.

Dick Toll

Bill Hirst
May 29th, 2005, 06:08 AM
1 and 15, please.
Wayne, please clarify your vote. I've got 1 and 15 here, 14 and 16 over on the Compuserve forum. I hope you're not getting... what's that disease old people get?.... presbyopia.

-Bill

Bill Hirst
May 29th, 2005, 09:01 AM
As of 9:45am EDT Sunday (not Saturday as previously posted), I've recorded votes from everyone except Dave Cunningham, Paul Keating, Scott Crom and Mike Shefler. If I missed anyone's vote, please let me know before
the scoring.

-Bill

(I like being able to edit posts.)

Judy G. Russell
May 29th, 2005, 09:22 AM
(I like being able to edit posts.)
We couldn't imagine not letting people do that here -- until or unless someone abuses it...!

heimerson
May 29th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Bill,

When Shefler voted in the last round, he mentioned that he would be offline from Sat morning thru Mon afternoon.

Russ

Bill Hirst
May 29th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Bill,

When Shefler voted in the last round, he mentioned that he would be offline from Sat morning thru Mon afternoon.

Russ

Thanks. Russ. I won't hold the polls open waiting for him, then.