PDA

View Full Version : NoScript workaround for hole in FF 2.0.0.9

davidh
November 19th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Thumb twiddling Mozilla promises fix for privacy-biting bug
Your door is a jar
By Dan Goodin in San Francisco
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/19/upcoming_firefox_patch/

"Both holes will be plugged in version 2.0.0.10, which is in the process of being tested. Until it is released, Firefox users should use the latest version of NoScript."

David H

Judy G. Russell
November 19th, 2007, 06:35 PM
"...Until it is released, Firefox users should use the latest version of NoScript."As opposed to users of other browsers, who don't HAVE those sorts of add-ons. I don't mind if a developer takes a little time to do things right if there's another easy solution available.

davidh
November 19th, 2007, 06:51 PM
As opposed to users of other browsers, who don't HAVE those sorts of add-ons. I don't mind if a developer takes a little time to do things right if there's another easy solution available.

I've heard that IE7Pro is an add-on (or BHO?) for IE7 (and maybe IE6?) that gives additional security above what comes with IE7. I have not tried it since it probably does NOT run on 98. I don't have the web site for it.

David H.

P.S. NoScript has been adding protections on a seemingly more or less non-stop schedule for so many different kinds of potential vulnerabilities/exploits that I have hardly any idea any more what the heck they are talking about. But in general, if it kills a few more bells and whistles, that's fine with me.