PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod End Game

Mike Landi
November 14th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Well, well, well.....

The chess game enter a new phase. I wonder who is the person closer to A-Rod than Boras is? Was it Jeter.....

Read these two: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2007/11/14/2007-11-14_arod_might_have_staying_power_with_yanke.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=txyankeesrodriguez&prov=st&type=lgns

ndebord
November 15th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Well, well, well.....

The chess game enter a new phase. I wonder who is the person closer to A-Rod than Boras is? Was it Jeter.....

Read these two: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2007/11/14/2007-11-14_arod_might_have_staying_power_with_yanke.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=txyankeesrodriguez&prov=st&type=lgns

Mike,

I think it was the wallet who is closer to A-Rod (or is that Pay-Rod and perhaps Stay-Rod)?

The market wasn't what Scott promised him, so hat in hand he returns. Plus he got his ten years it seems.

P.S. Sports.yahoo.com says "Rodriguez contacted the Steinbrenners through a third party, believed to be Mitch Modell of "Gotta go to Mo's" sporting goods fame..."

Judy G. Russell
November 15th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Well, well, well.....

The chess game enter a new phase.I think the prospect of perhaps not playing in a major market had something to do with the change of heart. The "person closer than Boras" may be A-Rod's ego!

Mike Landi
November 15th, 2007, 07:44 PM
I think the prospect of perhaps not playing in a major market had something to do with the change of heart. The "person closer than Boras" may be A-Rod's ego!

...or his wife. <g>

Seriously, I would not be surprised if Derek Jeter said something to A-Rod to the order of think about what you are about to give up, especially the endorsements angle. I don't think Jeter and A-Rod are close anymore, but Jeter strikes me as the one who could say something to A-Rod and have him listen.

In any case, the Yanks keep A-Rod for ten years. No opt-out. They are paying what they were going to offer him.

AND WE DID NOT HAVE TO GIVE UP ANY PROSPECTS!

Judy G. Russell
November 16th, 2007, 02:46 PM
In any case, the Yanks keep A-Rod for ten years. No opt-out. They are paying what they were going to offer him. AND WE DID NOT HAVE TO GIVE UP ANY PROSPECTS!Good negotiating here on the part of Yanks management... almost makes up for the stupid way they handled the Torre situation.

Mike Landi
November 16th, 2007, 08:03 PM
...almost.

ndebord
November 17th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Good negotiating here on the part of Yanks management... almost makes up for the stupid way they handled the Torre situation.

Judy,

almost? Not ever, but then Joe Torre has landed in Dodger Blue. Not a horrible fate if they'll give him a decent budget to compete with.

Judy G. Russell
November 18th, 2007, 11:26 AM
...almost.And only "almost." Nothing will quite ever make up for it... though a world championship or two would probably help dull the pain for Yankees' fans.

ndebord
November 24th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Good negotiating here on the part of Yanks management... almost makes up for the stupid way they handled the Torre situation.

Judy,

And now it is on to the bullpen. Hunter signed with the Angels, so doubtful there will be any changes in the outfield with the exception of trading everything and the kitchen sink to get Santana for the starting rotation.

This from the daily news letters:

"A year ago, the Yankees got right-handers Humberto Sanchez, Kevin Whelan and Anthony Claggett. for Gary Sheffield. Sanchez underwent surgery earlier this year and is expected to be back in 2008. He's one of the top pitching prospects in baseball, even injured. Sanchez is being groomed to eventually replace Mariano as the 9th inning closer. in 2006, The 24-year-old Sanchez was a combined 10-6 with a 2.53 ERA and 129 strikeouts in 123 innings with Triple-A Toledo and Double-A Erie. Also in 2006, Whelan, 23, was 4-1 with a 2.67 ERA and 27 saves for Class A Lakeland. Claggett, 23, was 7-2 with an 0.91 ERA and 14 saves for Class A West Michigan. I think it's time for these three guys to get a shot at finally strengthening the perenially miserable middle relief corps."

And that's not counting Vizcaino (if they sign him), Ohlendorf and Ramirez and Veras.

Judy G. Russell
November 26th, 2007, 03:24 PM
This from the daily news letters:"A year ago, the Yankees got right-handers Humberto Sanchez... He's one of the top pitching prospects in baseball, even injured. Sanchez is being groomed to eventually replace Mariano as the 9th inning closer..."Well, well, well. That sounds good. Might even take my mind away from the pain of Sunday's football game...

Mike Landi
November 27th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Football game? That was a mess. Did they practice at all last week?

ndebord
November 27th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Well, well, well. That sounds good. Might even take my mind away from the pain of Sunday's football game...

Mike,

Eli's coming (or is that going). I have never seen a quarterback throw so many bad passes in one game. He looked like a deer in the headlights.

Methinks the Giants need a new quarterback.

Mike Landi
November 28th, 2007, 08:12 AM
I think the Giants need better coaching! Bill Cowher, anyone?