PDA

View Full Version : [Dixonary] Wednesday Report

waynescottmd@earthlink.net
October 24th, 2007, 12:38 PM
This morning the Santa Ana winds are no longer blowing. In my valley, there is a strong smell of smoke still. Of the 16 fires that have been burning, most are still out of control. There are 100's of thousands of people who are displaced. An early estimate is more than $1,000,000,000,000. in damages. FEMA is in California making assessments.
On a selfish note, I am fine and safe. My house is not threatened as of now. My youngest son and his wife were here staying in their cottage in the mountains. They planned to head home today, but changed it to yesterday and they are safe in the Santa Barbara area. My daughter who used to live in Craig's cottage but was constantly terrified for years, moved to Palm Springs where sand doesn't burn.

Wayne

If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
--Will Rogers

Ralph Lohmann
October 24th, 2007, 01:25 PM
<exhaling shakily>

--
Ralph

Guerri Stevens
October 24th, 2007, 01:54 PM
I'm glad you are safe, even if only "for now". Rain is falling where not
needed, and not falling where it is needed, like your area, and mine
(SC - big drought in southeast, although not as bad here as in Georgia
and not life threatening).

Guerri

waynescottmd (AT) earthlink (DOT) net wrote:
> This morning the Santa Ana winds are no longer blowing. In my valley,
> there is a strong smell of smoke still. Of the 16 fires that have
> been burning, most are still out of control. There are 100's of
> thousands of people who are displaced. An early estimate is more than
> $1,000,000,000,000. in damages. FEMA is in California making
> assessments. On a selfish note, I am fine and safe. My house is not
> threatened as of now. My youngest son and his wife were here staying
> in their cottage in the mountains. They planned to head home today,
> but changed it to yesterday and they are safe in the Santa Barbara
> area. My daughter who used to live in Craig's cottage but was
> constantly terrified for years, moved to Palm Springs where sand
> doesn't burn.

June Payne
October 24th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Wayne, I see where about 50,000 are to be allowed back in their homes. That is an encouraging sign. I just saw on FOX that Wal-Mart is donating $1,000,000 in cash to the Red Cross for this, plus they have already given about $400,000 in goods, like water, food, etc. I have admired the upbeat spirit of the people interviewed.

On the other hand, Many of the Dims are trying to make political hay from this. Dingy Harry announced in congress that it was from global warming. Barbara Boxer blamed it on Bush for sending the National Guard to Iraq, when they are needed here to fight the fire. Others have made equally stupid remarks. But ho hum.......... what else is new?

My nephew said it was fairly close to him, but he thought he was safe.

Keep us posted, we care,

JuneP
----- Original Message -----
From: waynescottmd (AT) earthlink (DOT) net<mailto:waynescottmd (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>
To: Beve Bemis<mailto:bemisx2 (AT) att (DOT) net> ; Craig Scott<mailto:sing4health (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> ; Elsie Stater<mailto:oma601 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> ; Faith Scott<mailto:mauifrogs (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> ; Jim W. Ryel<mailto:jwryel (AT) cox (DOT) net> ; John W. Scott<mailto:funytrk (AT) aol (DOT) com> ; Judi Johnson<mailto:judij42 (AT) sbcglobal (DOT) net> ; June Payne<mailto:aquafish (AT) msn (DOT) com> ; June S Payne<mailto:junespayne (AT) comcast (DOT) net> ; Lee Scott<mailto:zeromix (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> ; Michael Scott<mailto:gotped (AT) netzero (DOT) net> ; Nancy Evans<mailto:mnewits (AT) aol (DOT) com> ; Pua Ritter<mailto:puapuapua (AT) msn (DOT) com> ; Ralph Lohmann<mailto:rlohmann (AT) gmail (DOT) com> ; Ray Fry<mailto:BELLFRY (AT) wanadoo (DOT) fr> ; Steven Scott<mailto:stevenscottesq (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> ; Tony Reeve<mailto:tonyreeve (AT) oldstationers (DOT) co.uk> ; waynescottmd<mailto:waynescottmd (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> ; Dodi Schultz<mailto:SCHULTZ (AT) compuserve (DOT) com> ; Dixonary<mailto:Dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:38 PM
Subject: Wednesday Report

This morning the Santa Ana winds are no longer blowing. In my valley, there is a strong smell of smoke still. Of the 16 fires that have been burning, most are still out of control. There are 100's of thousands of people who are displaced. An early estimate is more than $1,000,000,000,000. in damages. FEMA is in California making assessments.
On a selfish note, I am fine and safe. My house is not threatened as of now. My youngest son and his wife were here staying in their cottage in the mountains. They planned to head home today, but changed it to yesterday and they are safe in the Santa Barbara area. My daughter who used to live in Craig's cottage but was constantly terrified for years, moved to Palm Springs where sand doesn't burn.

Wayne

--Will Rogers

October 24th, 2007, 04:19 PM
We are lucky to have our leaders of the dims people like Reid, Pelosi and Hillary Rodham. Every time Harry Reid opens his mouth he induces scorn in independants. Pelosi is totally annoying to decent people including non-left Dems.
When Rodham tries to be charming and chuckles a lot she is scorned. I truly hope she is the dim candidate since there are untold millions of left leaning women dims who wouldn't vote for her on a bet.

Wayne

--Will Rogers

To: waynescottmd (AT) earthlink (DOT) net;Beve Bemis;Craig Scott;Elsie Stater;Faith Scott;Jim W. Ryel;John W. Scott;Judi Johnson;June S Payne;Lee Scott;Michael Scott;Nancy Evans;Pua Ritter;Ralph Lohmann;Ray Fry;Steven Scott;Tony Reeve;Dodi Schultz;Dixonary
Sent: 10/24/2007 1:40:00 PM
Subject: [Dixonary] Re: Wednesday Report

Wayne, I see where about 50,000 are to be allowed back in their homes. That is an encouraging sign. I just saw on FOX that Wal-Mart is donating $1,000,000 in cash to the Red Cross for this, plus they have already given about $400,000 in goods, like water, food, etc. I have admired the upbeat spirit of the people interviewed.

On the other hand, Many of the Dims are trying to make political hay from this. Dingy Harry announced in congress that it was from global warming. Barbara Boxer blamed it on Bush for sending the National Guard to Iraq, when they are needed here to fight the fire. Others have made equally stupid remarks. But ho hum.......... what else is new?

My nephew said it was fairly close to him, but he thought he was safe.

Keep us posted, we care,

JuneP
To: Beve Bemis ; Craig Scott ; Elsie Stater ; Faith Scott ; Jim W. Ryel ; John W. Scott ; Judi Johnson ; June Payne ; June S Payne ; Lee Scott ; Michael Scott ; Nancy Evans ; Pua Ritter ; Ralph Lohmann ; Ray Fry ; Steven Scott ; Tony Reeve ; waynescottmd ; Dodi Schultz ; Dixonary
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:38 PM
Subject: Wednesday Report

Wayne

--Will Rogers

Toni Savage
October 24th, 2007, 06:43 PM
On another selfish note, I'm glad you and yours are safe!!!

-- Toni Savage

--- On Wed, 10/24/07, waynescottmd (AT) earthlink (DOT) net <waynescottmd (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

> From: waynescottmd (AT) earthlink (DOT) net <waynescottmd (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>
> Subject: [Dixonary] Wednesday Report
Dixonary <Dixonary (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com>
> Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 1:38 PM
> This morning the Santa Ana winds are no longer blowing. In
> my valley, there is a strong smell of smoke still. Of the
> 16 fires that have been burning, most are still out of
> control. There are 100's of thousands of people who are
> displaced. An early estimate is more than
> $1,000,000,000,000. in damages. FEMA is in California
> making assessments.
> On a selfish note, I am fine and safe. My house is not
> threatened as of now. My youngest son and his wife were
> here staying in their cottage in the mountains. They
> planned to head home today, but changed it to yesterday and
> they are safe in the Santa Barbara area. My daughter who
> used to live in Craig's cottage but was constantly
> terrified for years, moved to Palm Springs where sand
> doesn't burn.
>
> Wayne
>
>
> If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to
> go where they went.
> --Will Rogers

October 24th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks, Toni.
You survived the twin towers, I survived the fire here.

If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they
went.
--Will Rogers

Judy G. Russell
October 25th, 2007, 11:10 AM
On a selfish note, I am fine and safe.

That's what we want to hear.

Lindsey
October 30th, 2007, 07:16 PM
On a selfish note, I am fine and safe. My house is not threatened as of now.
I thought about you when I was in New York City last week! I'm glad you and your family came through it unscathed!

And I'm sure you are relieved that FEMA is currently in competent Republican hands...

--Lindsey