PDA

View Full Version : [Dixonary] OT - Bridge question

JohnnyB
October 12th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Dave

I forgot the bridge question.

There are 2 answers that I have come across - one I sometimes play and one was an "answer"

1. If partner has opened and oponents have not bid and I have pretty near zilch I reply 2D to give partner a chance to rebid. The
logic goes like this - some of the opening bids used are false bids and partner may not really prefer the suite he or she bid . 2C
is strong and not available as a weak reply, 2D is the least damage I can cause

2. A "reply answer" when opponents opened 2D 4th in hand and we asked was that they expected that their partner had some very long
but weak suit and while 2C is very strong, 2D is very long and if person answering the question had even 2 top cards in the long
suite then, if they could find the suite, then they might be able to steal a contract against 2 fairly good hands in opponents, 2D
being low also gave them a better chance to find the suite... The key was 4th hand opening 2D when 2nd hand has not opened.

In discussion we wondered whether a combination of both might not work (at different times of course) - our 2D weak response and
their 2D 4th hand long and weak opening, but I have never used the latter myself.

JohnnyB