PDA

View Full Version : Seattle slop?

ndebord
September 3rd, 2007, 07:22 PM
Well, Clemens stunk out the joint and the Marinners stopped thier slide by whipping our ass tonight.

Only one game up on them for the wild card which, realistically, is our only shot at the post season this year.

<weak grin>

Mike Landi
September 3rd, 2007, 08:09 PM
Well, Clemens stunk out the joint and the Marinners stopped thier slide by whipping our ass tonight.

Only one game up on them for the wild card which, realistically, is our only shot at the post season this year.

<weak grin>

It gets worse. Clemens is getting an MRI on his right elbow. He's hurt and will miss at least one start. Moose is back in the rotation, at least for the moment. Phillips is done for the year with a broken wrist.

We are in big trouble with the wild card. Forget the division, we don't have the pitching.

Judy G. Russell
September 4th, 2007, 12:18 AM
It gets worse. Sigh.............

ndebord
September 4th, 2007, 11:10 AM
It gets worse. Clemens is getting an MRI on his right elbow. He's hurt and will miss at least one start. Moose is back in the rotation, at least for the moment. Phillips is done for the year with a broken wrist.

We are in big trouble with the wild card. Forget the division, we don't have the pitching.

Mike,

If Clemens is hurt bad, then Hughes best return to his ealry season form. If he does, we have a shot at the wild card. Wang, Petitte, Kennedy and Hughes with Moose bringing up the caboose.

<sigh>

And Phillips out for the year. SIGH. Can you say stonehands at first?

<double sigh>

Mike Landi
September 4th, 2007, 01:50 PM
If Clemens is hurt bad, then Hughes best return to his ealry season form. If he does, we have a shot at the wild card. Wang, Petitte, Kennedy and Hughes with Moose bringing up the caboose.

Moose has been the caboose lately, and now we need him. Hughes got slapped around last week. Kennedy? Let's see a few more starts...wait...there is not enough time.

And Phillips out for the year. SIGH. Can you say stonehands at first?

Giambi is all we have, unless Doug comes back. Isn't he about ready?

Judy G. Russell
September 5th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Let's see a few more starts...wait...there is not enough time.And every time I am absolutely ready to give up and start paying attention to football, they do something like clobber Seattle 12-3.

ndebord
September 5th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Moose has been the caboose lately, and now we need him. Hughes got slapped around last week. Kennedy? Let's see a few more starts...wait...there is not enough time.

Giambi is all we have, unless Doug comes back. Isn't he about ready?

Mike,

Doug is ready and he is coming back.

http://www.thetimes-tribune.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18776012&BRD=2185&PAG=461&dept_id=418202&rfi=6

Mike Landi
September 5th, 2007, 08:00 PM
And every time I am absolutely ready to give up and start paying attention to football, they do something like clobber Seattle 12-3.

...and tonight, they can't muster much of anything. <sigh>

This type of play will not get us far in the playoffs...if we even get there.

Judy G. Russell
September 5th, 2007, 09:43 PM
...and tonight, they can't muster much of anything. <sigh> This type of play will not get us far in the playoffs...if we even get there.Written, obviously, before the seventh inning... Final score, 10-2!

Mike Landi
September 6th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Quite so!

I guess ARod really want that MVP award this year.

Judy G. Russell
September 6th, 2007, 08:49 AM
I guess ARod really want that MVP award this year.Thank heavens he does! I swear, every time I get ready to throw in the towel, and give up, they do something like this. And they keep winning two out of three... But we'll see how the next three series go -- long road trips have not been good to the Yanks this season.

ndebord
September 6th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Written, obviously, before the seventh inning... Final score, 10-2!

Judy,

Not only 10-2, but Hughes was fantastic. Chamberlin got the win, Ramirez pitched a scoreless 8th and Mo finished it off perfectly.

Can you say four AAA players and that is just on the pitching side making the difference this year?

Judy G. Russell
September 6th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Can you say four AAA players and that is just on the pitching side making the difference this year?And these are the players who, in years past, would have been traded away for the likes of a Randy Johnson...

Mike Landi
September 7th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Thank heavens he does! I swear, every time I get ready to throw in the towel, and give up, they do something like this. And they keep winning two out of three... But we'll see how the next three series go -- long road trips have not been good to the Yanks this season.

...except the next few games are supposed to be against 'easy' teams. We've been good at getting whipped by the patsy teams.

Judy G. Russell
September 7th, 2007, 12:20 PM
...except the next few games are supposed to be against 'easy' teams. We've been good at getting whipped by the patsy teams.That's what I'm afraid of. Seattle, by contrast, has a tough schedule. Then there's always Detroit, lurking right behind...

Mike Landi
September 7th, 2007, 07:29 PM
That's what I'm afraid of. Seattle, by contrast, has a tough schedule. Then there's always Detroit, lurking right behind...

Watch KC kick our rears....<sigh>

Judy G. Russell
September 7th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Watch KC kick our rears....<sigh>Not yet, but we're not kicking theirs either...

Mike Landi
September 8th, 2007, 08:23 AM
3-2 was a nail-biter. Jaba still rules. Amazing. 0.00 ERA.

We may yet make the playoffs, but we don't have the pitching to get us past the first round, I'm afraid. Unless Moose figures out how to pitch again....

Judy G. Russell
September 8th, 2007, 10:27 AM
3-2 was a nail-biter. Jaba still rules. Amazing. 0.00 ERA.He's incredible. The whole line-up of kids is incredible. The future looks very bright (now that we're not trading it away for the likes of Johnson!).

We may yet make the playoffs, but we don't have the pitching to get us past the first round, I'm afraid. Unless Moose figures out how to pitch again....Yeah, well, sigh... nothing to be said about that. I think we'd end up against the Angels, right? And our record against the Angels is...

Mike Landi
September 11th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I think we'd end up against the Angels, right? And our record against the Angels is...

...an early ticket home.

ndebord
September 11th, 2007, 12:40 PM
...an early ticket home.

Mike,

We will whup their ass this year. We got pitching we didn't have earlier in the year and lots of hitters and Vlad is hurting.

<G>

Mike Landi
September 11th, 2007, 09:18 PM
We got pitching

Are we talking the same team? 'Yankees' and 'got pitching' are mutually exclusive in 2007...<g>

Judy G. Russell
September 11th, 2007, 09:39 PM
...an early ticket home.Frankly, that's what I expect. But it'll still be a whole lot better than not making the playoffs at all.

Judy G. Russell
September 11th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Are we talking the same team? 'Yankees' and 'got pitching' are mutually exclusive in 2007...<g>Now now... he didn't say we got pitching. He said "We got pitching we didn't have earlier in the year". And since we're not trading it away, we should have it next year too.

Mike Landi
September 12th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Now now... he didn't say we got pitching. He said "We got pitching we didn't have earlier in the year". And since we're not trading it away, we should have it next year too.

True...

But, if we don't have three solid starters, we are doomed. Right now, I count only two, Petitte and Wang.

ndebord
September 12th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Are we talking the same team? 'Yankees' and 'got pitching' are mutually exclusive in 2007...<g>

Mike,

We HAD bad pitching for the first half, but I like our chances, rookies nonetheless, for the stretch run.

<g>

Mike Landi
September 12th, 2007, 06:52 PM
We HAD bad pitching for the first half, but I like our chances, rookies nonetheless, for the stretch run.

We need the kids to stay cool under pressure, and I am not confident that they will hold up. I hope they do, but betting on rookies is dangerous.

ndebord
September 13th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Mike,

These kids are special imo. And Moose was back (at least for one night). And our hitting is something special this year. *Matsui may have broken through his slump and Abreu and Damon are on a tear!

<g>

Judy G. Russell
September 17th, 2007, 10:35 PM
We need the kids to stay cool under pressure, and I am not confident that they will hold up. I hope they do, but betting on rookies is dangerous.I'm not at all confident that they can, or should even be asked to. But it will be fun...three and a half back with how many games left???

ndebord
September 18th, 2007, 10:56 AM
I'm not at all confident that they can, or should even be asked to. But it will be fun...three and a half back with how many games left???

Judy,

Looks like the rookies are holding together and making the run interesting. Only 12 games left, but thanks to the Big Hurt, Boston may stagger a bit now.

<VBG>

Mike Landi
September 18th, 2007, 11:42 AM
It does seem like the Yanks are trying like crazy to catch Boston. I doubt that will happen, but can you imagine the wailing from Boston if that happened?

Judy G. Russell
September 18th, 2007, 05:03 PM
It does seem like the Yanks are trying like crazy to catch Boston. I doubt that will happen, but can you imagine the wailing from Boston if that happened?Oh my Lord... it would be the best thing since sliced bread...

Judy G. Russell
September 18th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Only 12 games left, but thanks to the Big Hurt, Boston may stagger a bit now. <VBG>Twelve games is probably not enough, but oh... if it did happen... oh...

Mike Landi
September 18th, 2007, 07:18 PM
It would really burn their butts, would it not?

(Actually, to have them tied at the end of the year would be great. A one game playoff for the division championship....<drool>...at Yankee Stadium of course.)

Judy G. Russell
September 18th, 2007, 10:05 PM
(Actually, to have them tied at the end of the year would be great. A one game playoff for the division championship....<drool>...at Yankee Stadium of course.)I would sell my soul for tickets to that game...

Mike Landi
September 19th, 2007, 07:41 AM
On the radio last night, Sterling and Waldman quoted a Boston radio station that said (Boston speaking of NY), "They used to be in our rear view mirror, now they are in our back seat."

You think the Red Sox are sleeping well right now? (especially since their setup men are flushing games on them.)

Judy G. Russell
September 19th, 2007, 09:30 AM
You think the Red Sox are sleeping well right now? (especially since their setup men are flushing games on them.)Even if we don't catch 'em... I sure hope we at least make 'em sweat...

ndebord
September 19th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Even if we don't catch 'em... I sure hope we at least make 'em sweat...

Judy (&Mike)

two and one half games back.

<g>

Judy G. Russell
September 19th, 2007, 04:52 PM
two and one half games back.<g>I'm biting my fingernails...

Mike Landi
September 19th, 2007, 07:55 PM
...and at 9pm, identical scores for the Yanks and Bosox. 2-1. We're up and they are down.

...a long night ahead...

Judy G. Russell
September 19th, 2007, 10:14 PM
...and at 9pm, identical scores for the Yanks and Bosox. 2-1. We're up and they are down. ...a long night ahead...Just got home from teaching my class to find the final scores. Oh my... this is such fun... as long as we stay hot and they continue their melt-down, we absolutely could catch 'em...