PDA

View Full Version : Allowed to Hope?

Mike Landi
August 30th, 2007, 06:59 PM
So the Yankees sweep Boston, including a shutout today. 5 games out, behind Boston and 1/2 game up on the wild card.

Are Yankee fans allowed to hope for the playoffs? Is it actually possible?

jdh
August 30th, 2007, 08:11 PM
So the Yankees sweep Boston, including a shutout today. 5 games out, behind Boston and 1/2 game up on the wild card.

Should sports be a separate section?

Somehow I seem to read these sports msg titles as relating to the fight against terrorism :(

DH

Judy G. Russell
August 30th, 2007, 08:59 PM
So the Yankees sweep Boston, including a shutout today. 5 games out, behind Boston and 1/2 game up on the wild card. Are Yankee fans allowed to hope for the playoffs? Is it actually possible?I don't want to jinx anything by hoping too much too soon...

Judy G. Russell
August 30th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Should sports be a separate section? Somehow I seem to read these sports msg titles as relating to the fight against terrorism :( More better, we should make politics a separate section! (The TapRoom is for all general conversations, of which politics and sports are just two possible subjects.)

Mike Landi
August 31st, 2007, 10:37 AM
I don't want to jinx anything by hoping too much too soon...

Well, we now have the wild card for at least today. We have to keep playing about .700 ball to hold this position. Boston is without Manny for the next week or so. Bad for them, but a chance for us. We have to take advantage of every opportunity.

Judy G. Russell
August 31st, 2007, 01:41 PM
Well, we now have the wild card for at least today. We have to keep playing about .700 ball to hold this position.It is nice, for once, for the first time since April, to be sitting in a playoff position, isn't it? But you're right: we sure do have to work hard to stay there.

Boston is without Manny for the next week or so. Bad for them, but a chance for us. We have to take advantage of every opportunity.I'll take any break we can get, any way we can get it.

Mike Landi
August 31st, 2007, 03:14 PM
I'll take any break we can get, any way we can get it.

Not like the Red Sox took advantage of our pitching problems,...
...and batting problems,...
...and bull pen problems,....

<whimper>

ndebord
August 31st, 2007, 05:03 PM

Mike,

Ask me again after the replacement for Moose pitches.

<g>

And after Hughes pitches tonight. It does not seem as though he has gathered his legs under him since his return from the DL.

ndebord
August 31st, 2007, 05:05 PM
Should sports be a separate section?

Somehow I seem to read these sports msg titles as relating to the fight against terrorism :(

DH

I've always thought that "The Yankees Win...the Yankeeeees WIN" should be a separate section, but regardless, any day we can get fine people like yourself reading our posts about the best baseball team ever to play the game, is a good day!

;-)

ndebord
August 31st, 2007, 05:06 PM
It is nice, for once, for the first time since April, to be sitting in a playoff position, isn't it? But you're right: we sure do have to work hard to stay there.

I'll take any break we can get, any way we can get it.

Judy,

Who would have thought it a short month ago? We're tied for the wild card and we just swept Beantown. (Oh happy days!)

Judy G. Russell
September 1st, 2007, 09:01 AM
Who would have thought it a short month ago? We're tied for the wild card and we just swept Beantown. (Oh happy days!)And at least when we lose, abominably, so do Boston and Seattle...

Judy G. Russell
September 1st, 2007, 09:03 AM
Not like the Red Sox took advantage of our pitching problems,...
...and batting problems,...
...and bull pen problems,....
<whimper>And the problems aren't over yet... Lordy, lordy, if we do make it through this year, it will be a miracle.

Mike Landi
September 1st, 2007, 10:16 AM
And at least when we lose, abominably, so do Boston and Seattle...

I expected this. Sweep Boston, and then a letdown. If we are going to lose, let it be a butt-kicking. One game, Boston lost also, and so did Seattle. No loss of ground.

I hope the Yanks are slapped silly, they shake it off, and Kennedy does well today. It should be a beautiful day for baseball.

Judy G. Russell
September 1st, 2007, 01:01 PM
I hope the Yanks are slapped silly, they shake it off, and Kennedy does well today. It should be a beautiful day for baseball.It certainly is a beautiful day. Just got home from running 8462 errands and didn't resent a minute of the time spent out. Now if Kennedy can just settle down...

Mike Landi
September 1st, 2007, 08:07 PM
We win, and Seattle lost. That gives us two on the wild card. Too bad Boston is winning.

Judy G. Russell
September 2nd, 2007, 08:04 AM
We win, and Seattle lost. That gives us two on the wild card. Too bad Boston is winning.Yeah, but... you can't take a thing away from that kid's no-hitter. What a great game for him...

Mike Landi
September 2nd, 2007, 05:46 PM
Yeah, but... you can't take a thing away from that kid's no-hitter. What a great game for him...

No doubt!

Now, today, Andy was not so dandy. At least Seattle lost.