PDA

View Full Version : Cheney talks sense on Iraq (Youtube video)

sidney
August 18th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Here is Cheney saying something sensible (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YENbElb5-xY) about the US in Iraq. Who woulda thunk it?

Dan in Saint Louis
August 18th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Who woulda thunk it?
Funny how a couple of years inside the Beltway changes one's perspective!

Judy G. Russell
August 21st, 2007, 02:10 PM
Funny how a couple of years inside the Beltway changes one's perspective!A couple of years inside the Beltway makes you a bit looney...

Lindsey
August 27th, 2007, 10:57 PM
A couple of years inside the Beltway makes you a bit looney...
Of course, Cheney had been inside the beltway when he made that original statement. (I'm assuming this is the one from when he was Bush I's SecDef, yes?) Maybe it was the second tour of duty that unhinged him.

In all seriousness, I did see something on the television a couple of weeks ago -- I think it was probably "Countdown" -- speculating that Cheney's heart troubles had drastically changed his personality. (It has been known to happen.)

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
August 28th, 2007, 09:26 AM
In all seriousness, I did see something on the television a couple of weeks ago -- I think it was probably "Countdown" -- speculating that Cheney's heart troubles had drastically changed his personality. (It has been known to happen.)I do think that the sense of needing to "leave a legacy" has unhinged him and Bush both.

Lindsey
August 28th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I do think that the sense of needing to "leave a legacy" has unhinged him and Bush both.
They will leave a legacy all right, but I don't think it's going to be the one they intended -- unless . . .

http://www.workingforchange.com/webgraphics/WFC/TMW08-22-07colorlowres.jpg

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
August 29th, 2007, 06:08 PM
They will leave a legacy all right, but I don't think it's going to be the one they intended -- unless . . .ROFL!!!!!! I love it!!

Lindsey
August 29th, 2007, 09:33 PM
ROFL!!!!!! I love it!!
I love Karl Rove in the hippie hair. :p I wonder if Cheney was sporting tatoos.

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
August 29th, 2007, 11:11 PM
I love Karl Rove in the hippie hair. :p I wonder if Cheney was sporting tatoos.And Bush still looks clueless, no matter what...

Lindsey
August 30th, 2007, 11:29 PM
And Bush still looks clueless, no matter what...
LOL!! Yes, you're right about that!

--Lindsey