PDA

View Full Version : Weekly World News, RIP

Lindsey
July 25th, 2007, 11:55 PM
For those of you, like me, who have found great entertainment in the headlines of the Weekly World News while standing in the checkout line at the grocery store, sad news: WWN is ceasing publication (http://thenewshole.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/07/24/288766.aspx) of its paper edition with the August 27 issue. No more Elvis sightings, alien abductions and the resulting love children, no more of the saga of Bat Boy or Tonya the World's Fattest Cat, no more amazing scientific breakthroughs from writings on the walls of ancient tombs.

For the true Bat Boy addicts among us, though, the news is not all grim: WWN will continue to publish online.

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
July 26th, 2007, 03:37 PM
WWN will continue to publish online.Gee... what a surprise...

Andrew B.
July 26th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Too bad. I loved the story about the 300 year old vampire.

Lindsey
July 31st, 2007, 12:15 AM
Too bad. I loved the story about the 300 year old vampire.
I loved the wild pictures on the front page!

--Lindsey

Lindsey
July 31st, 2007, 12:16 AM
Gee... what a surprise...
Yeah -- as if there is not already plenty of loony stuff on the web!

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
July 31st, 2007, 06:47 PM
as if there is not already plenty of loony stuff on the web!The web is like the streets in a police precinct where there is a perpetual full moon...

Lindsey
July 31st, 2007, 10:11 PM
The web is like the streets in a police precinct where there is a perpetual full moon...
It is, in fact, a little like New York City -- you can find just about anything you could possibly want.

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
July 31st, 2007, 11:01 PM
It is, in fact, a little like New York City -- you can find just about anything you could possibly want.At any hour of the day or night!

Lindsey
July 31st, 2007, 11:03 PM
At any hour of the day or night!
Of course -- the city that never sleeps!

--Lindsey