PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Wireless Key from XP Pro

Judy G. Russell
June 29th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Okay... I think I have this machine cleaned up. Except for one thing. I now have the notebook set up to automatically log on to my home network, having entered the appropriate security key info into the notebook. But I can't figure out how you DELETE that key info.

Anybody?

Thanks!

Dick K
June 29th, 2005, 09:51 PM
I now have the notebook set up to automatically log on to my home network, having entered the appropriate security key info into the notebook. But I can't figure out how you DELETE that key info.
Judy -

Start | Control Panel | Network Connections, right-click on Wireless Network Connection, and select Properties from the context menu. Click on the Wireless Networks tab, highlight the active network in the Preferred Networks section, and click on Properties. That will take you to the security key section, and you can zotz it as you wish.

FWIW, I use Boingo (http://www.boingo.com and go to Downloads) to manage my wireless connections, and I love it. Very easy to install and to run; a real timesaver if you find yourself using wi-fi connections in various locations.

Dan in Saint Louis
June 29th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Maybe Networking, {that connection}, Properties..... somewhere in that trail?

Wired or wireless? Wireless login is probably in the configuration for that card.

[EDIT: Yeah, what Dick said<G>]

Judy G. Russell
June 29th, 2005, 11:06 PM
BINGO! That did it, Dick. Thanks. And once I get my new notebook, I'll give Boingo a try.

Mike Landi
July 27th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Okay... I think I have this machine cleaned up. Except for one thing. I now have the notebook set up to automatically log on to my home network, having entered the appropriate security key info into the notebook. But I can't figure out how you DELETE that key info.

Anybody?

Thanks!
If I remember properly, open the Device Manager and find your WiFi adapter. The properties of the adapter should have the password, the SSID, etc.

Judy G. Russell
July 28th, 2005, 08:28 AM
If I remember properly, open the Device Manager and find your WiFi adapter. The properties of the adapter should have the password, the SSID, etc.
I ended up tracking it down and killing it, thanks. Then trying to get the new laptop to work was fun -- I thought I could use any of the keys, but could only get one to work!

By the way, good to see you here. I turned on your member status so you'll also see *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Mike Landi
July 28th, 2005, 08:36 AM
good to see you here. I turned on your member status so you'll also see *Section 8 and the *For Members Only section.

Thanks! Nice place you have here. Quick, threading, no ads, kinda reminds me of another place...NOT!

(Got a spell checker?)

Judy G. Russell
July 28th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Thanks! Nice place you have here. Quick, threading, no ads, kinda reminds me of another place...NOT!
A once-upon-a-time place maybe...

(Got a spell checker?)
Not built in but check out Spellbound (http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/) for Firefox.

Jeff
July 28th, 2005, 01:20 PM
(Got a spell checker?)

Apply here: Forum Use and Help > Spell checkers... Your choice.

- Jeff

Mike Landi
July 28th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Shall do.

Mike Landi
July 28th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Thanks.