PDA

View Full Version : [Dixonary] RE: Test message - is this one OK?

John Barrs
June 29th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Dodi

You replied to me privately and I got this reply this morning
>>
>> Test - I'm trying another setting for the keyboard - please tell me
>> if you get this 'directly' as well as via the group

This is the FIRST time I got it, directly from you to me (if I also get it via the group, I'll reply there, as well). Whatever you
did, John, it works!
<<
That reply to me was timed
for <john.barrs (AT) ntlworld (DOT) com>; Wed, 29 Jun 2005 01:19:34 +0100
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your reply yesterday via cory group
>>
John wrote, in a message I received from the Cory list:

>> Test - I'm trying another setting for the keyboard - please tell me
>> if you get this 'directly' as well as via the group

This answers the SECOND part of your question.

I received nothing from you addressed to me directly (by which I assume you mean privately, sent to my personal address rather than
the group list) this morning, whether or not containing plaintext and/or carrying attachments. There were two messages from you,
addressing me, reaching me via the Yahoo listserv; this was one, and I've replied to the other--which discussed programming and
keyboards--separately (also publicly).
<<

Was timed
for <john.barrs (AT) ntlworld (DOT) com>; Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:57:45 +0100

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THAT WAS THE SAME MESSAGE SENT TO: Cory and TO: Dodi

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In other words it took more than 9 hours longer for the same message to get to you directly as it did for it to get to you via
yahoo/cory

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It is very strange, Compuserve must have had a funny day yesterday. Anthying I sent to anywhere except compuserve arrived in
minutes, even stuff that went to yahoo/cory and was sent back to me in a few seconds. Anything I sent to compuserve (or from
compuserve) took more than 12 hours; even me-compuserve to me-compuserve took more than 12 hours (I was collecting about every half
hour)

All of my tests arrived at ozwin showing the content - without attachements - including a first test before I changed anything - so
I didn't actually learn anything at all

Yours, confused in UK; JohnnyB [using email; via corypaheus/yahoogroups]

--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.8.6/33 - Release Date: 28/06/2005