PDA

View Full Version : Feng shui!

Judy G. Russell
June 23rd, 2007, 11:46 AM
So... the last time I was down at my sister's house, she told me about feng shui -- which can be loosely translated as "throw the damned clutter/crap away!" Things like Christmas cards from people whose last names you no longer remember. Clothes that fit when you were 20 (or 30 or 40 or... sigh... even 50!) and will never ever fit again. Or, in my case, that container of 5.25" computer disks when I don't even own a computer that has a 5.25" drive any more (and haven't for years).

So... when you do a remodeling job, the contractor has to get a dumpster to dispose of all the trash that's created when he destroys (and BOY do I mean destroys!) the room you're remodeling.

So... I cut the contractor a deal. He'd get a BIG dumpster, and I'd pay half the cost, but I wanted half the space in the dumpster.

So... I am two rooms into my feng shui-ing. I started with the easy rooms -- the bathroom (but... but... but I may need that Mickey Mouse soap from Disney World!) and the spare bedroom (I really really loved that red coat that hasn't fit in ... oh... ten years or so... and would need major repairs, such as being completely reconstructed, even if I could fit into it...). Even my bedroom will be easy (I think I'll keep the... no, I won't...). But oh boy... oh boy... maybe I'll leave the computer room for last...

Mike Landi
June 24th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I'll leave the computer room for last...

I would have a bad time with my computer room. Throwing away something that works as designed (20 years ago) is anathema to me, hence I gain clutter. <sigh>

Judy G. Russell
June 24th, 2007, 06:49 PM
I would have a bad time with my computer room. Throwing away something that works as designed (20 years ago) is anathema to me, hence I gain clutter. <sigh>It isn't easy, that's for sure. I literally had to close my eyes while dumping the 5.25" disks...