PDA

View Full Version : Tapcis Email Down 5/24

Guerri Stevens
May 24th, 2007, 11:04 AM
The tapcis.com Email has not been working for several hours now (noon, EDT 5/24). It generates an error when trying to retrieve or to send messages.

Judy G. Russell
May 24th, 2007, 01:15 PM
The tapcis.com Email has not been working for several hours now (noon, EDT 5/24). It generates an error when trying to retrieve or to send messages.Guerri, I just tested several times and everything seems to be working fine (2:15pm EDT). Can you check now and, if you still get an error message, please capture it for me? Thanks.

Guerri Stevens
May 24th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Guerri, I just tested several times and everything seems to be working fine (2:15pm EDT). Can you check now and, if you still get an error message, please capture it for me? Thanks.
Sorry for my late reply to you. After posting my original message, I happened to mention the problem to my husband who said that his Email was also not working and he thought it was a problem with our satellite internet provider. I said other internet stuff worked fine, and why and how would the provider single out Email? Well, apparently that is indeed what was wrong.

My apologies - I had shut down my computer by the time my husband mentioned this, and had to rush off somewhere, so couldn't immediately log back on and tell you that it probably had nothing to do with tapcis.com.

I had problems with it earlier this month for a few days. I'd start Thunderbird and tell it to go online, and it would fail. The message was something like "failure ...." tapcis.com responded: and there was nothing after "responded". I could then immediately tell T-bird to get Email and it would work. After those few days the problem disappeared. Maybe it too had something to do with our provider but I don't think my husband was having trouble then. Oh, well.

Judy G. Russell
May 24th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Sorry for my late reply to you. After posting my original message, I happened to mention the problem to my husband who said that his Email was also not working and he thought it was a problem with our satellite internet provider. I said other internet stuff worked fine, and why and how would the provider single out Email? Well, apparently that is indeed what was wrong.No apology needed! I'm glad that the problem has been identified; now let's hope you can find a good permanent solution!

Guerri Stevens
May 25th, 2007, 04:07 AM
No apology needed! I'm glad that the problem has been identified; now let's hope you can find a good permanent solution!
The best permanent solution, in my opinion, would be cable. But it is not yet available in my area. And nothing is ever perfect - even cable is sometimes down.

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2007, 09:45 AM
The best permanent solution, in my opinion, would be cable. But it is not yet available in my area. And nothing is ever perfect - even cable is sometimes down.Well, I have to say that Comcast in my area has been spectacular (knock on wood). I don't think I've been down as much as 10 minutes the whole time I've had it (a matter of years now).

Jeff
May 25th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Well, I have to say that Comcast in my area has been spectacular (knock on wood). I don't think I've been down as much as 10 minutes the whole time I've had it (a matter of years now).

Live out west, where the deer and the antelope play and comcast goes down for days at a time. Over three days once. But like so much else these days, it weren't their fault. It was Union Pacific's fault, for derailing 100 car long coal trains which fell over and tore up the (right of way) ground in which is buried comcast's fiber. Comcast of course had no plan B, as in reroute to the west and around instead of dedicated east toward Denver only. It's times like that when you thank the deer and the antelope and the rest of the ridiculously rich and famous who live in Aspen and who also lost that cable connection. Everyone on the Western Slope has been quietly assured that such will not happen again, or a comcast VP will appear with shovel in hand. That would be the present plan B.

- Jeff

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Live out west, where the deer and the antelope play and comcast goes down for days at a time. Over three days once.Yikes!! No, three days around here and you'd very likely have rioting in the streets, and a Comcast VP or two strung up from lightpoles. Not that Easterners are any more bloodthirsty than Westerners generally; it's just that there are so many more of us per square mile and you know what mob mentality can do!