PDA

View Full Version : compuserve entire domain down?

Dave Cunningham
June 28th, 2005, 06:32 AM
As of 7 a.m. EDT, the entire Compuserve.com domain appears farkled -- as though it never had existed. the Netscape pointers to Compuserve are the same ... anyone else have this phenomenon or is it just I?

Dan in Saint Louis
June 28th, 2005, 08:05 AM
As of 7 a.m. EDT, the entire Compuserve.com domain appears farkled -- as though it never had existed. the Netscape pointers to Compuserve are the same ... anyone else have this phenomenon or is it just I?
Works in Saint Louis at 08:00 CDT. One possibility is that the Domain Name Server your TCP/IP services point to hiccupped.

heinz57g
June 28th, 2005, 11:01 AM
same in europe, about same hours, twice/thrice for 30 min each.
same was for pop3 access

greetings - heinz -

MollyM/CA
June 28th, 2005, 07:16 PM
I had so much trouble yesterday I e-mailed GARDEN so they wouldn't think I deserted and they all said they were having various problems too.

jackofshadows
July 31st, 2005, 05:44 AM
Dan, it was down for me as well. Now here's the kicker. The DNS servers I use, since I was on a CompuServe dial-up connnection at the time, were CompuServe servers. And it was only the compuserve.com domain that was down. I could Google and wander high and low on the 'net, just not to anywhere on compuserve.com. Weird!

annc
July 31st, 2005, 06:26 PM
For the past hour and a half, I've been unable to collect my CompuServe mail. Thinking my SA might finally have died, I tried to get into INETPUB and am getting errors indicating that community.compuserve.com cannot be found.

So while my SA might have died (it's August 1 here), it seems that Compuserve itself isn't findable at the moment.