PDA

View Full Version : Yankee bats stay cold

ndebord
May 11th, 2007, 11:33 PM
The Yankees lose to Seattle 3-0. Rasner lasted 5 innings and gave up 3 earned runs, one of which he didn't deserve when Phelps failed to get his glove down in the 3rd inning and catch a ball at his feet (ruled a single by Ibanez on which Suzuki scored). In the 4th inning he gave up a 2 run homer and after the 5th inning, he was pulled.

Meanwhile the Yankee bats were very quiet. Abreu, Matsui and Cano were 0-4 and Cabrera was 0-3 with a walk. Damon was DH (sore calf) and Giambi sat out again with that bone spur which is beginning to be a big problem for him. Not a good night in Seattle. (Washburn was either spectacular or the Yankee hitting horrible.)

Judy G. Russell
May 12th, 2007, 07:57 AM
(Washburn was either spectacular or the Yankee hitting horrible.)I certainly thought Washburn was very very good indeed. But, sigh, it's getting old to have hitting and no pitching, or decent pitching and no hitting!

Mike Landi
May 12th, 2007, 08:18 AM
(Washburn was either spectacular or the Yankee hitting horrible.)

Both, but mainly Washburn. He was on last night, and we were not. At least Boston lost.

ndebord
May 12th, 2007, 09:40 AM
I certainly thought Washburn was very very good indeed. But, sigh, it's getting old to have hitting and no pitching, or decent pitching and no hitting!

Judy,

This year's Yankee squad is stumbling. If Giambi is out, they are in trouble as Melky and Cano are not repeating last year's success and Damon, Abreu and Matsui are not doing so good right now. (Don't get me started on Phelps. As I saw the replays, he really had two errors at first base that led to a run off Rasner. The fourth inning homerun (2 runs) was all Rasner's mistake. A fastball over the heart of the plate.

The pitching has come around to my mind. Look for a mid-season trade (if the Yankees get close to Boston) for a basher.

Judy G. Russell
May 13th, 2007, 09:25 PM
The pitching has come around to my mind. Look for a mid-season trade (if the Yankees get close to Boston) for a basher.Why can't we get the pitching and the hitting both going at the same time!?!?

ndebord
May 14th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Why can't we get the pitching and the hitting both going at the same time!?!?

Judy,

I don't know, but the Yankees are definitely out of sync. Last night's 2-1 loss to Seattle was embarassing. Not exactly an all star pitcher opposing Andy who was Dandy in the loss, throwing 7 1/3 innings. But the hitters were awful.

Mike Landi
May 14th, 2007, 02:09 PM
the hitters were awful.

Our offense seems to be streaky. We get gong...and we blow out the other team. One bat goes cold, and they all take the day off. <sigh>

Doesn't help when Boston pulls off a 6 run ninth to win...

Dang 'Birds...I'll bet I know who was their pitching coach yesterday. "Psst, Orioles! Give up this game so the Yanks will fall another game back!".

(Hi, Gail!)

Judy G. Russell
May 15th, 2007, 06:47 AM
I don't know, but the Yankees are definitely out of sync. Last night's 2-1 loss to Seattle was embarassing. Not exactly an all star pitcher opposing Andy who was Dandy in the loss, throwing 7 1/3 innings. But the hitters were awful.I'm beginning to think there's some kind of amgic juice and there's only enough for one side of the team: the pitchers or the hitters but not both. Sigh....

Judy G. Russell
May 15th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Our offense seems to be streaky. We get gong...and we blow out the other team. One bat goes cold, and they all take the day off. <sigh>I agree with you that it's best to do this stuff at the beginning of the season. But when will these guys realize it ain't the beginning any more???

Mike Landi
May 15th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I agree with you that it's best to do this stuff at the beginning of the season. But when will these guys realize it ain't the beginning any more???

"It is getting late early!" -- Yogi

Mike Landi
May 15th, 2007, 01:42 PM
I'm beginning to think there's some kind of amgic juice and there's only enough for one side of the team: the pitchers or the hitters but not both. Sigh....

<sigh>

...and now Boston has the best record in the majors. We have to go on a 10 out of 13 streak of some such, else we are the wild card at best.

Judy G. Russell
May 15th, 2007, 09:52 PM
<sigh>

...and now Boston has the best record in the majors. We have to go on a 10 out of 13 streak of some such, else we are the wild card at best.Boston sure did better in its off-season acquisitions than we did, and is playing much better as a team. (And you of all people know how much it pains me to say so.)

ndebord
May 17th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Boston sure did better in its off-season acquisitions than we did, and is playing much better as a team. (And you of all people know how much it pains me to say so.)

Judy,

I'm not convinced that Beantown did better than we. They certainly have had better luck than this Yankees team. One acquistion we could have done without was the ill-fated, inexperienced conditioning coach.

We'll never become division champions at this rate: win one, lose one. We need a streak.

Judy G. Russell
May 17th, 2007, 09:23 PM
I'm not convinced that Beantown did better than we. Compare their Japanese pitcher to our Japanese pitcher.

We'll never become division champions at this rate: win one, lose one. We need a streak.At this rate we may not end up out of the doghouse, much less end up as division champions.

Mike Landi
May 17th, 2007, 09:37 PM
9 1/2 games back. We stink, and Boston is playing fantastic.

How much more with George take before he blows?

ndebord
May 17th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Compare their Japanese pitcher to our Japanese pitcher.

At this rate we may not end up out of the doghouse, much less end up as division champions.

Judy,

Dice-K is just as good as advertised and our guy is at A ball. Still like our team, but this kind of losing can get to be a habit. A-Rod is hitting a buck and a quarter once again even though he went 2-3 tonighte. The pitching is coming together, but not enough to catch Boston and the wild card is iffy too at this rate. The kid only lasted 3 plus innings today and we will see if that is enough to keep him in the rotation.

<SIGH>

ndebord
May 18th, 2007, 08:36 PM
9 1/2 games back. We stink, and Boston is playing fantastic.

How much more with George take before he blows?

Mike,

Not much more. We lost to the Mutts tonight, 3-2. Andy the loser, Perez the winner.

<SIGH>

Judy G. Russell
May 19th, 2007, 09:51 PM
9 1/2 games back. We stink, and Boston is playing fantastic. How much more with George take before he blows?We're now 11 games back and we lost another pitcher to a stupid ridiculous injury. Snakebit, I tell you. We're totally snakebit.

ndebord
May 20th, 2007, 08:44 AM
We're now 11 games back and we lost another pitcher to a stupid ridiculous injury. Snakebit, I tell you. We're totally snakebit.

Judy,

http://www.tapcis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4998&page=2

Make that 12 games back after today's game. Maine (only the hottest pitcher in the NL) against Clippard...an even rawer rookie. (And Rasner may be out 3 months with a broken index finger.)

<sighs ain't enough>

Judy G. Russell
May 20th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Make that 12 games back after today's game. Maine (only the hottest pitcher in the NL) against Clippard...an even rawer rookie. (And Rasner may be out 3 months with a broken index finger.)

<sighs ain't enough>Hey hey... don't be so hasty! Clippard may be as raw as they come, but he sure looked good! This obviously isn't going to be our year, but the next few... the pitching for the future looks very good indeed!

ndebord
May 21st, 2007, 07:20 AM
Hey hey... don't be so hasty! Clippard may be as raw as they come, but he sure looked good! This obviously isn't going to be our year, but the next few... the pitching for the future looks very good indeed!

Judy,

You should have said: "Ye of little faith." I was never so happy to have my opinion proved wrong and boy... what a game this rook pitched. I was out, so didn't see it, but saw some clips on ESPN and the kid looked good. Mo looked rusty (again) but got out of trouble with only the one home run.

And now Boston comes to town.

<fingers and toes>

Mike Landi
May 21st, 2007, 09:16 AM
You should have said: "Ye of little faith." I was never so happy to have my opinion proved wrong and boy... what a game this rook pitched. I was out, so didn't see it, but saw some clips on ESPN and the kid looked good. Mo looked rusty (again) but got out of trouble with only the one home run.

And now Boston comes to town.

<fingers and toes>

That kid looked good, very good. Great curve, and he controlled his emotions. Now, can he do it again? You know Joe will give him another start.

What I did like was Matsui and Abreau are beginning to hit. Mo needed work, and he got it.

I guess we are as ready as we can be for Boston....

ndebord
May 21st, 2007, 09:21 AM
That kid looked good, very good. Great curve, and he controlled his emotions. Now, can he do it again? You know Joe will give him another start.

What I did like was Matsui and Abreau are beginning to hit. Mo needed work, and he got it.

I guess we are as ready as we can be for Boston....

Mike,

Yes. Hope our bats get hot and Giambi's inserts work on his bone spur and this time around, our aces are lined up and Beantown's are not.

Mike Landi
May 21st, 2007, 10:06 AM
Hope our bats get hot and Giambi's inserts work on his bone spur and this time around, our aces are lined up and Beantown's are not.

We better get going, or it is going to be a very tough fight for the Wild Card.

Judy G. Russell
May 21st, 2007, 09:32 PM
I guess we are as ready as we can be for Boston....I'm almost afraid to breathe. It's the top of the 9th and we're up 6-2!

AND WE WON!!!!! Gads... did we ever need that win...

Mike Landi
May 22nd, 2007, 08:57 AM
I'm almost afraid to breathe. It's the top of the 9th and we're up 6-2!

AND WE WON!!!!! Gads... did we ever need that win...

We looked good last night. Aggressive on the bases, patient at the plate, and efficient on the mound. If we can keep that type of play up, we will NOT be 9 1/2 games back for long. <g>

ndebord
May 22nd, 2007, 09:55 AM
We looked good last night. Aggressive on the bases, patient at the plate, and efficient on the mound. If we can keep that type of play up, we will NOT be 9 1/2 games back for long. <g>

Mike,

And A-Rod and Giambi both homered (and Jeter hit the turnaround RBI...he's hitting something like .625 in scoring opportunities!). And the new Yankee Clipper was amazing, not just for his pitching but for his MySpace bio!

Moose up next, then Andy!

Judy G. Russell
May 22nd, 2007, 03:41 PM
If we can keep that type of play up, we will NOT be 9 1/2 games back for long. <g>At this point, I'd be satisfied with just winning two important games in a row...

Mike Landi
May 22nd, 2007, 06:00 PM
A-Rod and Giambi both homered (and Jeter hit the turnaround RBI...he's hitting something like .625 in scoring opportunities!). And the new Yankee Clipper was amazing, not just for his pitching but for his MySpace bio!

Moose up next, then Andy!

I liked the attitude I saw yesterday.

Right now, I'm in heaven. The game is about to start, the weather is perfect, the kids are outside, pasta sauce is simmering on the stove, and I have a Grey Goose martini next to the computer.

For the moment...life is good!

ndebord
May 22nd, 2007, 11:00 PM
I liked the attitude I saw yesterday.

Right now, I'm in heaven. The game is about to start, the weather is perfect, the kids are outside, pasta sauce is simmering on the stove, and I have a Grey Goose martini next to the computer.

For the moment...life is good!

Mike,

Well, we can still take 2 out of 3. Moose stunk tonight early and the bats went silent in a 7-3 loss. Ya gotta beat pitchers like Tavarez if you want to catch Beantown or even get the wild card.

Mike Landi
May 23rd, 2007, 08:20 AM
we can still take 2 out of 3. Moose stunk tonight early and the bats went silent in a 7-3 loss. Ya gotta beat pitchers like Tavarez if you want to catch Beantown or even get the wild card.

Moose was not up to the job last night, and Tavarez was on his game. They beat us. Period. They are better than we are right now, and it showed.

Tonight, we need Petitte to be on his game and we need to wait out Schilling.

...Good luck, Yankees...

Judy G. Russell
May 23rd, 2007, 08:51 AM
They beat us. Period. They are better than we are right now, and it showed.Sigh... that it did. And we can't afford to lose any more like that...

ndebord
May 23rd, 2007, 09:14 AM
Moose was not up to the job last night, and Tavarez was on his game. They beat us. Period. They are better than we are right now, and it showed.

Tonight, we need Petitte to be on his game and we need to wait out Schilling.

...Good luck, Yankees...

Mike,

Yup. Schilling can't go deep any longer. We need to get to the Boston bullpen.

Mike Landi
May 23rd, 2007, 07:54 PM
Tonight, however, we are kicking Red Sox ham all over the Bronx.

Go Andy!!

Mike Landi
May 23rd, 2007, 07:55 PM
But tonight....

I'm glad we have Andy back!

ndebord
May 24th, 2007, 12:31 AM
But tonight....

I'm glad we have Andy back!

Mike,

Yup. Looks like the Andy of old (minus a few mph). 7 innings, 1 run. Outstanding!

And Mo had 3ks in the 9th inning. His control was not where he wanted it, but still.... (And the Ump was the star or clown of the day. He got into it with a couple of beantown batters and at the end, if the ball was close to the strikezone, he rang 'em up!

<g>

Mike Landi
May 24th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Yup. Looks like the Andy of old (minus a few mph). 7 innings, 1 run. Outstanding!

And Mo had 3ks in the 9th inning. His control was not where he wanted it, but still.... (And the Ump was the star or clown of the day. He got into it with a couple of beantown batters and at the end, if the ball was close to the strikezone, he rang 'em up!

Andy can pitch now. Effective and deceptive. Efficient also. Looked like an ace.

I laughed out loud at the ump. He was having a good time, and the Sox took the brunt of it. I enjoy an ump that is animated and decisive. The last K was great! The home plate ump calls on the first base ump for a call, first base calls it a swing, and the ump rings him up!

Lot's of fun! (8 - 3 helped the fun, also!) <g>

Judy G. Russell
May 24th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Andy can pitch now. Effective and deceptive. Efficient also. Looked like an ace.It sure looked good last night, all the way around -- pitching, hitting, the works.

I laughed out loud at the ump. He was having a good timeLove a man who loves his job!

ndebord
May 24th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Andy can pitch now. Effective and deceptive. Efficient also. Looked like an ace.

I laughed out loud at the ump. He was having a good time, and the Sox took the brunt of it. I enjoy an ump that is animated and decisive. The last K was great! The home plate ump calls on the first base ump for a call, first base calls it a swing, and the ump rings him up!

Lot's of fun! (8 - 3 helped the fun, also!) <g>

Mike,

Yes, Andy looked like an ace. That makes two aces: Wang and Petitte. If another Yankee pitcher can come forward and pitch as well (can you say Rocket?) we'll be as good as Beantown, maybe better as they look like Dice-K and Beckett as their aces and Schilling as fading (ala Moose).

Maybe one of the rooks will be the new Andy Petitte this year and then I think we'll be outstanding with four first rate pitcvhers. The caveat? steady hitting.

The bullpen is fine once again I think.

Judy G. Russell
May 24th, 2007, 01:20 PM
The caveat? steady hitting.More likely, it's being steady across the board. The pitching can't be up one day and in the crapper the next; hitting can't be erratic; bullpen can't be stretched thin, etc., etc.

ndebord
May 24th, 2007, 08:35 PM
More likely, it's being steady across the board. The pitching can't be up one day and in the crapper the next; hitting can't be erratic; bullpen can't be stretched thin, etc., etc.

ND>> The caveat? steady hitting.

The injuries were key to the inconsistent pitching. I think (hope) we're past all that now. The hitters took their sweet time to warm up and I'm not sure they're there yet. It's too early to tell if the fancy orthopedics will help Giambi or not and aside from Posada and Jeter, the rest of the hitters have been streaky at best. I think the bullpen is outstanding and won't be overstretched from here on out, but can we make up 9 1/2 games?

Judy G. Russell
May 25th, 2007, 09:47 AM
but can we make up 9 1/2 games?Frankly... probably not. Boston has no reason whatsoever to slump, given the depth of that squad. Now that's not to say it can't happen -- they've done it before -- but we surely can't count on it. Wildcard is our best hope.

ndebord
May 28th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Frankly... probably not. Boston has no reason whatsoever to slump, given the depth of that squad. Now that's not to say it can't happen -- they've done it before -- but we surely can't count on it. Wildcard is our best hope.

Judy,

As Berra used to say: "It's getting late, early."

What to say? First the pitching, now the hitting. Wang and Moose were good in their starts and both lost. You can't expect to win when you only score one or two runs a game.

<SIGH>

Judy G. Russell
May 28th, 2007, 12:29 PM
As Berra used to say: "It's getting late, early."What to say? First the pitching, now the hitting. Wang and Moose were good in their starts and both lost. You can't expect to win when you only score one or two runs a game. <SIGH>Well, we could always try to find something else to talk about.

Say, hey, how 'bout this terrific weather anyhow???

Mike Landi
May 29th, 2007, 08:33 AM
What to say? First the pitching, now the hitting. Wang and Moose were good in their starts and both lost. You can't expect to win when you only score one or two runs a game.

What is up with this team. No confidence? No coaching? We can't all be this bad....

Judy G. Russell
May 29th, 2007, 08:48 AM
What is up with this team. No confidence? No coaching? We can't all be this bad....With all the raw talent on that team, to be playing this badly is just criminal. I don't know what the cause it, but it's almost June and we're 13-1/2 games behind in the division and 7-1/2 games behind in the wild card race. Bad bad bad bad bad bad bad.

ndebord
May 29th, 2007, 11:04 AM
With all the raw talent on that team, to be playing this badly is just criminal. I don't know what the cause it, but it's almost June and we're 13-1/2 games behind in the division and 7-1/2 games behind in the wild card race. Bad bad bad bad bad bad bad.

Judy,

We can be this bad. Damon is hurt and not himself. Abreu is in the worst slump of his career. Giambi is hurt and can't plant his back foot and is hitting peanuts. I guess we miss Shef and Bernie. Cano is hitting (finally), but it is a lot to expect him to carry the club. Melky has been on and off all season.

Only Posada and Jeter have been consistent and that is not enough.

As for the pitching, only in June will we have the real starting lineup going and pitchers like Moose, coming off the DL, are only now rounding into shape.

Perhaps we can catch up for the wild card, but perhaps not. If not, then look for The Principal Owner's shoe to drop at the end of this year.

What a perfect storm of bad trainers, bad luck, injuries and perhaps a shortage of bangers on ths club.

<SIGH>

Judy G. Russell
May 29th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Perhaps we can catch up for the wild card, but perhaps not. If not, then look for The Principal Owner's shoe to drop at the end of this year.I seriously doubt that Boss George will wait that long. Once he believes that this is slipping away beyond redemption this year, he'll blow... and it ought to be one wild set of fireworks...

ndebord
May 30th, 2007, 01:14 AM
I seriously doubt that Boss George will wait that long. Once he believes that this is slipping away beyond redemption this year, he'll blow... and it ought to be one wild set of fireworks...

Judy,

Well they lost again tonight to Toronto, 3-2, Petitte taking the loss.

This is way past embarassing. The Yankees can't hit a lick?

Geez

Judy G. Russell
May 30th, 2007, 08:24 AM
This is way past embarassing.That, as my SIL would say, is a True Fact.

Mike Landi
May 30th, 2007, 11:21 AM
With all the raw talent on that team, to be playing this badly is just criminal. I don't know what the cause it, but it's almost June and we're 13-1/2 games behind in the division and 7-1/2 games behind in the wild card race. Bad bad bad bad bad bad bad.

So what does Joe do? Do we need a new hitting coach? A new manager? A new owner? <whimper>

ndebord
May 31st, 2007, 08:08 AM
That, as my SIL would say, is a True Fact.

Judy,

What a difference a day makes.

10-5, Bombers over Toronto. The rookie Clippard gave up 3 runs in five innings and Damon started off the game with a homerun.

<g>

Judy G. Russell
May 31st, 2007, 09:56 AM
What a difference a day makes. 10-5, Bombers over Toronto. The rookie Clippard gave up 3 runs in five innings and Damon started off the game with a homerun. <g>Then again, it's same-old same-old: A-Rod right in the middle of a really silly controversy. In my book, he was a bit silly for yelling when the ball was in the air; but the Blue Jays' player who was going for the ball was much sillier if in fact he backed off thinking the yell was from his teammate. What, he's never heard his teammate yell before, and can't tell the difference in voices??? Sure...

Mike Landi
May 31st, 2007, 07:52 PM
Then again, it's same-old same-old: A-Rod right in the middle of a really silly controversy. In my book, he was a bit silly for yelling when the ball was in the air; but the Blue Jays' player who was going for the ball was much sillier if in fact he backed off thinking the yell was from his teammate. What, he's never heard his teammate yell before, and can't tell the difference in voices??? Sure...

...and the press is making a big deal out of it. So he yelled. Bush league...maybe. Cheating? No.

Are we still WAYYYYY behind the Bosox, yes. <sigh>

Judy G. Russell
May 31st, 2007, 08:39 PM
...and the press is making a big deal out of it. So he yelled. Bush league...maybe. Cheating? No.Do you get the sense that the press really hates A-Rod? This whole thing in the NY Post plus the reaction to this sure makes me think so!

Are we still WAYYYYY behind the Bosox, yes. <sigh>Don't remind me. You did hear they put Giambi on the DL and he's out for at least three weeks, yes? <sigh> indeed.

ndebord
May 31st, 2007, 11:29 PM
Then again, it's same-old same-old: A-Rod right in the middle of a really silly controversy. In my book, he was a bit silly for yelling when the ball was in the air; but the Blue Jays' player who was going for the ball was much sillier if in fact he backed off thinking the yell was from his teammate. What, he's never heard his teammate yell before, and can't tell the difference in voices??? Sure...

Judy,

Offhand, I thought I heard that this particular Toronto player was a longtime minor leaguer just up to majors (I could be wrong, this is pure memory) and it is a fact that he did not call for the ball. His arms never went up in the air and for that matter neither did the other BlueJay who might have been able to make the play. I did notice on the next play where he had a chance, his arms were waving madly in the air to let everybody know that he wanted to make the catch.

FYI

ndebord
May 31st, 2007, 11:33 PM
Do you get the sense that the press really hates A-Rod? This whole thing in the NY Post plus the reaction to this sure makes me think so!

Don't remind me. You did hear they put Giambi on the DL and he's out for at least three weeks, yes? <sigh> indeed.

Judy,

Giambi should be through. He needs surgery on that bone spur. Three weeks is just window dressing.

So who becomes DH now? My bet is Damon (as beat up as he is) and that means Matsui, Melky and Abreu in the outfield and somebody comes up from AAA ball.

And it also means that if the Yankees are close to the wildcard, they will buy some banger out there.

As for A-Rod, he certainly is blowing hot and cold this year. Let's hope he gets hot once again like he did in April.

Judy G. Russell
June 1st, 2007, 12:34 AM
Giambi should be through. He needs surgery on that bone spur. Three weeks is just window dressing. So who becomes DH now? My bet is Damon (as beat up as he is) and that means Matsui, Melky and Abreu in the outfield and somebody comes up from AAA ball.I'd bet on Damon as well.

And it also means that if the Yankees are close to the wildcard, they will buy some banger out there. Is there one out there for sale??

As for A-Rod, he certainly is blowing hot and cold this year. Let's hope he gets hot once again like he did in April.He can't carry the team alone (as was proved when he was hot in April). The team as a whole has GOT to start playing, seriously, or we'd better start looking at 2008... and a different manager.

ndebord
June 1st, 2007, 08:43 AM
I'd bet on Damon as well.

Is there one out there for sale??

He can't carry the team alone (as was proved when he was hot in April). The team as a whole has GOT to start playing, seriously, or we'd better start looking at 2008... and a different manager.

Judy,

It will be like the bad old days. A banger can be had...at a price only The Principal Owner will be willing to pay (cite The Rocket as the gouge standard).

Mike Landi
June 1st, 2007, 01:49 PM
Do you get the sense that the press really hates A-Rod? This whole thing in the NY Post plus the reaction to this sure makes me think so!

ARod is one of those people that just does not come across well in the papers. Whatever he does, good or bad, comes off as bad. He was a fool for being caught with another woman in a strip club. But, the reaction? Over the top.

Don't remind me. You did hear they put Giambi on the DL and he's out for at least three weeks, yes? <sigh> indeed.So the next Yanks v. Boston series begins. I'd be more interested if we were less than 5 games behind the Sox.

Gail
June 1st, 2007, 10:44 PM
Our offense seems to be streaky. We get gong...and we blow out the other team. One bat goes cold, and they all take the day off. <sigh>

Doesn't help when Boston pulls off a 6 run ninth to win...

Dang 'Birds...I'll bet I know who was their pitching coach yesterday. "Psst, Orioles! Give up this game so the Yanks will fall another game back!".

(Hi, Gail!)

<kiss kiss>

Are your damn Yankees still in last place? :D

Judy G. Russell
June 2nd, 2007, 02:32 PM
It will be like the bad old days. A banger can be had...at a price only The Principal Owner will be willing to payI'm not sure even Boss George will be willing to spend on the team if he's convinced it's a lost cause. But a few more fire-in-the-belly (and on the field) games against Boston and that will change.

Judy G. Russell
June 2nd, 2007, 02:35 PM
Are your damn Yankees still in last place? :DNope! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

ndebord
June 3rd, 2007, 01:49 AM
I'm not sure even Boss George will be willing to spend on the team if he's convinced it's a lost cause. But a few more fire-in-the-belly (and on the field) games against Boston and that will change.

Judy,

And the injury list just keeps on growing. Roger and Doug now. Who's next, I ask?

SIGH

Judy G. Russell
June 3rd, 2007, 10:37 PM
And the injury list just keeps on growing. Roger and Doug now. Who's next, I ask? SIGHThis is going to be a loooooooong season...

Gail
June 3rd, 2007, 10:39 PM
Nope! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

<checking>

You're right. They're ahead of Tampa Bay. Congrats!

ndebord
June 3rd, 2007, 11:35 PM
This is going to be a loooooooong season...

Judy,

It looks like Andy Petitte may be the next one on the hex list for the Bombers.

Takes the shine off of the comeback win tonight (NY 6, Beantown 5). Cano in the 8th tied it by driving in Matsui and A-Rod in the 9th, with 2 outs, hit a long homerun. Nice. Mo was only throwing 90-91, but he hit his spots and gave up no runs to get his 5th (only 5th???) save.

Mike Landi
June 4th, 2007, 10:35 AM
<kiss kiss>

Are your damn Yankees still in last place? :D

She lives! <g>

Nah...not last place. Close, but not last.

Mike Landi
June 4th, 2007, 10:38 AM
This is going to be a loooooooong season...

...and this thread is so long that I'm losing my way, and losing messages.

Can we do some pruning?

Judy G. Russell
June 4th, 2007, 12:55 PM
<checking>

You're right. They're ahead of Tampa Bay. Congrats!And six or seven other teams around the league...

Judy G. Russell
June 4th, 2007, 12:57 PM
...and this thread is so long that I'm losing my way, and losing messages. Can we do some pruning?Pruning? Pruning? I'm not sure I'd even know where to start! Might be easier to start a new one (or two... or ten...)...

Mike Landi
June 4th, 2007, 03:13 PM
<LOL>