PDA

View Full Version : Thank You George!

Mike Landi
April 30th, 2007, 01:30 PM
This one article could do wonders for the Yankees....

Steinbrenner backs Torre and Cashman, but says results not acceptable (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-yankees-steinbrenner&prov=ap&type=lgns)

April 30, 2007
NEW YORK (AP) -- Yankees owner George Steinbrenner backed manager Joe Torre and GM Brian Cashman on Monday, challenging players and staff "to show me and the fans what they are made of" following a start he termed "clearly not acceptable."

Steinbrenner previously had refused comment on his team, which went 1-5 against the Boston Red Sox the past two weekends and dropped into last place in the AL East at 9-14.

Judy G. Russell
April 30th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Yankees owner George Steinbrenner backed manager Joe Torre and GM Brian Cashman on Monday, challenging players and staff "to show me and the fans what they are made of" following a start he termed "clearly not acceptable."Oh my. Let's see what that does. (If nothing, then he should be firing people.)

Mike Landi
April 30th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Oh my. Let's see what that does. (If nothing, then he should be firing people.)

I agree. He just gave a vote of confidence to Torre, and Jeter who publicly supported Torre. If the team is still flat after next week, I will not be surprised if heads roll.

Can George fire players? <g>

Judy G. Russell
April 30th, 2007, 09:15 PM
If the team is still flat after next week, I will not be surprised if heads roll.And I can't blame him.

Can George fire players? <g>Sure. He'd still have to pay 'em, depending on their contract, but he sure could fire 'em.

Mike Landi
May 1st, 2007, 08:22 AM
He'd still have to pay 'em, depending on their contract, but he sure could fire 'em.

I'd love to see something like that. Fire Pavano or Farnsworth.

...now watch both of them to start pitching lights out...

Judy G. Russell
May 1st, 2007, 09:11 AM
I'd love to see something like that. Fire Pavano or Farnsworth.Pavano in particular... talk about a net loss...

...now watch both of them to start pitching lights out...[/QUOTE]I'd "settle" for that!