PDA

View Full Version : Kid Done Good

Mike Landi
April 17th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Chase Wright started off rocky, but settled down. Then, the bats.....

...and what is A-Rod eating for breakfast?!! <g>

PS. How about the Yankees' 'pen? What was a weakness is now a strength!

ndebord
April 17th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Chase Wright started off rocky, but settled down. Then, the bats.....

...and what is A-Rod eating for breakfast?!! <g>

PS. How about the Yankees' 'pen? What was a weakness is now a strength!

Mike,

Yup, the bullpen has been carrying the team so far. And I remember asking a while ago who was this Wright fellow. Glad to know 'em!

<VBG>

Mike Landi
April 18th, 2007, 08:49 AM
I hope we keep swinging the lumber the way we have been, since it seems that the starters will be a big question mark this year.

Judy G. Russell
April 18th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Chase Wright started off rocky, but settled down. Then, the bats.....The kid looked very good -- especially since he'd only pitched -- what -- two games above double A??

...and what is A-Rod eating for breakfast?!! <g>Dunno, but can we send him a case or two?

PS. How about the Yankees' 'pen? What was a weakness is now a strength!Thank heavens. Considering what our starting lineup looks like... What do we have now -- FOUR pitchers on the DL?

Mike Landi
April 18th, 2007, 10:29 AM
What do we have now -- FOUR pitchers on the DL?

I wonder if we can pit our DL pitchers against each team's DL hitters. Maybe we can win that way. <g>

Judy G. Russell
April 18th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I wonder if we can pit our DL pitchers against each team's DL hitters. Maybe we can win that way. <g>ROFL! "Our DL is better than YOUR DL!"

ndebord
April 18th, 2007, 09:18 PM
The kid looked very good -- especially since he'd only pitched -- what -- two games above double A??

Dunno, but can we send him a case or two?

Thank heavens. Considering what our starting lineup looks like... What do we have now -- FOUR pitchers on the DL?

Judy,

They may be our No Five, Six and Seven pitchers, but they are coming on fast.

Tonight Iggy done good. 6 innings, 5 hits, 2 runs, 1bb, and 5 Ks! And oh so quietly, Phelps is now hitting .286, going 2-4.

And there goes that bullpen once again. Proctor, Henn, Britton; an inning apiece of no runs. Final score Yankees 9, Cleveland 2.

<VBG>

Britton??? Who is this guy?

Judy G. Russell
April 18th, 2007, 09:55 PM
They may be our No Five, Six and Seven pitchers, but they are coming on fast.What choice do they (or we) have???

Tonight Iggy done good. 6 innings, 5 hits, 2 runs, 1bb, and 5 Ks! And oh so quietly, Phelps is now hitting .286, going 2-4. And there goes that bullpen once again. Proctor, Henn, Britton; an inning apiece of no runs. Final score Yankees 9, Cleveland 2. <VBG>Everything looked very good tonight, very good.

Britton??? Who is this guy?Triple A out of Scranton. Drafted by Baltimore in 2001.

Mike Landi
April 19th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I thought it was me....

...who is Britton?

Judy G. Russell
April 19th, 2007, 09:40 AM
I thought it was me....

...who is Britton?Extra extra read all about him (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Britton)!

Mike Landi
April 19th, 2007, 11:55 AM
"On November 12, 2006, the Orioles traded Britton to the New York Yankees for righthanded pitcher Jaret Wright (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaret_Wright) and $4 million."

Ah....

I think we got a decent trade!

Judy G. Russell
April 19th, 2007, 11:17 PM
I think we got a decent trade!So far so good... Can you believe that ninth inning today????