PDA

View Full Version : P-CIS LOGIN FARKLED?

Dan in Saint Louis
June 24th, 2005, 08:34 AM
How is P-CIS login going for you this morning? I get either a blank screen with a "Done" message in the status bar, or just endless waiting.

Judy G. Russell
June 24th, 2005, 10:17 AM
It's been intermittent but is working at the moment (11:17 am).

Dan in Saint Louis
June 24th, 2005, 03:22 PM
It's been intermittentThanks, I just blitzed my Classic ID cookies and (as you already know) have re-enrolled under a free screen name.

Now I can save another $3/month!

Judy G. Russell
June 24th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Blitzing the cookies should have worked. But then should and ]do [/I]are often entirely different concepts...

Franca
June 24th, 2005, 08:12 PM
What I find really annoying is that P-CIS now requires that you have third-party cookies enabled to log in. I don't remember this always being the case. I was having trouble logging in last month - same problem Dan mentioned (blank page with "Done" in the status bar) - and someone told me that all cookies had to be enabled. <grumble> I have ordinary default medium security settings on my system which allow all cookies except third-party cookies and that's been good enough for all sites I care to visit till now. <grumble again> So I've been enabling those cookies just when I need to log in to P-CIS (not very often any more....) and then disabling again immediately. Silliness.

Lindsey
June 24th, 2005, 09:32 PM
How is P-CIS login going for you this morning? I get either a blank screen with a "Done" message in the status bar, or just endless waiting.
I was getting a blank screen with the "Done" message in the status bar yesterday afternoon, but clearing the cookies fixed the problem. Of course, I had meant to clear just the CompuServe cookies, but I clicked the wrong button and cleared all of my cookies. I was not pleased.

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
June 24th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Oh ouch. What really gets to me is the frequent screen full of gibberish that PCIS serves up to Firefox.

Franca
June 25th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Oh ouch. What really gets to me is the frequent screen full of gibberish that PCIS serves up to Firefox.I use Firefox and haven't had that happen but it's probably just because I hardly get over there at all any more. All of the forums I used to visit on any kind of regular basis have gone. There are a couple still on P-CIS that I visit very infrequently ... I'd visit them more often if they took up residence out here in the land of the free.

Judy G. Russell
June 25th, 2005, 08:43 AM
I'm still very much involved in two forums there, but wonder how much longer they'll survive in anything approaching their current form.

Jeff
June 25th, 2005, 01:04 PM
What I find really annoying is that P-CIS now requires that you have third-party cookies enabled to log in.

Not that it makes any difference because most of The Dark Side is worse than useless, but I've always had VKey enabled and it comes up when I go over there and I get no cookies at all.

- Jeff

Judy G. Russell
June 25th, 2005, 01:25 PM
I've always had VKey enabled and it comes up when I go over there and I get no cookies at all.
Virtual Key doesn't work with browsers like Firefox, Mozilla or even the newer versions of Netscape: at the moment, it's Internet Explorer only and most of us (I hope!) have moved past that.

Jeff
June 25th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Virtual Key doesn't work with browsers like Firefox, Mozilla or even the newer versions of Netscape: at the moment, it's Internet Explorer only and most of us (I hope!) have moved past that.

Too soon for me. First I have to get through this XP 'experience', wherein IE is at least recognizable and usable. VKey for example<g> Changing browsers at this point would be like being both beltless and braceless.

- Jeff

Mike
June 25th, 2005, 06:11 PM
What I find really annoying is that P-CIS now requires that you have third-party cookies enabled to log in.
I don't think it's all third-party cookies--just those from aol.com and prospero.com.

I have Firefox set to ask me, by domain, and those are the only ones I've enabled.

Judy G. Russell
June 25th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I hear you. But it's not nearly as hard as you might think and oh... my... you will LOOOOOVE a tabbed browser.

Franca
June 27th, 2005, 12:51 AM
Hm. Maybe I'll look into that when I get a round tuit. Thanks, Mike.

MollyM/CA
June 27th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Gosh, Mozilla forum's always got the most new messages of anywhere I visit. If it can't make it--

I check the alphabet list of forums every so often --figured that they average about three, and several letters of the alphabet are missing, so surely under a hundred fora left and maybe more like 60 -- 70?

By the way, where would you rather see Mozilla questions, O Mozilla Guru of Great Wisdom? Here, or There?

MollyM/CA
June 27th, 2005, 09:21 PM
It goes beyond love, tabbed browsing is a matter of pure survival if you have to use a PeeCis forum, and a great convenience here. PCis has been so slow and crashed so much the last couple days that I decided to do my GARDEN work without tabbing and I thought I would die. Of boredom. Answer a message. Wait and wait for reply screen. Upload a picture. Wait and wait and wait and wait, then wait some more (if you haven't timed out) for the message to post. AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH.

Judy G. Russell
June 27th, 2005, 11:14 PM
By the way, where would you rather see Mozilla questions, O Mozilla Guru of Great Wisdom? Here, or There?
Yes. (Seriously. Pick whatever you'd like.)

Mike
June 28th, 2005, 02:03 AM
No problem!