PDA

View Full Version : Crazy April Weather

Gail
April 8th, 2007, 04:56 PM
(Hmmm. I know I wrote an answer to this. I dunno where it went.) Details, details.

The cat probably took it. Look behind the litter box.

The 10-day forecast up here doesn't even suggest we might see 60. Whine...

Same here. Well, I don't know about 10 days..... they can't even forecast 10 hours..... but the 5 day forecast doesn't come up to 60 and the norm right now is 62. In 5 days it'll be higher than that and in 10 days it'll be even higher. And if the $#*^% wind doesn't stop......

IT ISN'T FAIR!!! <grrrrrrrrr>

I suspect we're headed right from winter to summer.

FINE!! As long as we don't have to wait until June for it to start! Now would be a good time.

I am getting very cranky. :mad:

Judy G. Russell
April 9th, 2007, 10:02 AM
I don't know about 10 days..... they can't even forecast 10 hours..... but the 5 day forecast doesn't come up to 60 and the norm right now is 62. In 5 days it'll be higher than that and in 10 days it'll be even higher. And if the $#*^% wind doesn't stop......
IT ISN'T FAIR!!! <grrrrrrrrr>You're definitely not getting an argument out of me. As you know, I don't mind wind. But a 30 degree wind in April? THAT I mind.

I am getting very cranky. :mad:Join the crowd. My brother said they cancelled the Easter Egg hunt for the kids at Quantico Saturday -- there was snow on the ground. And they did their own Easter Egg hunt indoors yesterday. Bleah!

Gail
April 9th, 2007, 08:39 PM
You're definitely not getting an argument out of me. As you know, I don't mind wind. But a 30 degree wind in April? THAT I mind.

I don't like ANY wind. A little breeze is one thing, but this is ridiculous. So here is it, all of 43 degrees on April 9, with the #@%^* wind howling, and the guy shows up to mow my lawn for the first time this season. It was so ludicrous that I almost laughed. I wondered if the poor grass would totally go into shock and just up and die.

Join the crowd. My brother said they cancelled the Easter Egg hunt for the kids at Quantico Saturday -- there was snow on the ground. And they did their own Easter Egg hunt indoors yesterday. Bleah!

Snow on the ground in Quantico on Easter Sunday and an Easter Egg hunt indoors. There's something terribly wrong with all of that.

This is somehow Bush's fault. I'm not sure how, but I'm sure it is.

(That should get Ralph out of his hole.)

Judy G. Russell
April 9th, 2007, 08:42 PM
So here is it, all of 43 degrees on April 9, with the #@%^* wind howling, and the guy shows up to mow my lawn for the first time this season. It was so ludicrous that I almost laughed. I wondered if the poor grass would totally go into shock and just up and die.Back a zillion years ago, we represented one of two Soviet nationals accused of espionage. The FBI had surveillance on a phone booth they expected the Soviets to use. It's February. It's snowing. And, sure enough, some guy shows up to wash the windows of the phone booth! The audio (of the FBI agents talking to each other) was priceless...

lensue
April 9th, 2007, 10:51 PM
>Bleah!<

Judy, my thoughts exactly--this wintry weather hasn't made the gardening any easier for us--still we've managed to get 7 plants around the new pond.

earler
April 10th, 2007, 06:28 AM
We've had lovely weather. The daffodils are in full bloom and the lilacs are already beginning. We had lunch outside yesterday. Sunday, there was a northeast wind that made that impossible. Forecast for the rest of the weeks is more of the same wonderful weather. The rapeseed fields are in full bloom and they are really lovely at that point. Of course, the cherry trees are in full bloom, too.

Judy G. Russell
April 10th, 2007, 03:31 PM
We've had lovely weather. The daffodils are in full bloom and the lilacs are already beginning. We had lunch outside yesterday. Sunday, there was a northeast wind that made that impossible. Forecast for the rest of the weeks is more of the same wonderful weather. The rapeseed fields are in full bloom and they are really lovely at that point. Of course, the cherry trees are in full bloom, too.Remind me to come back here one day when our weather is great but you're having really lousy weather and smirk in return...

jdh
April 10th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Remind me to come back here one day when our weather is great but you're having really lousy weather and smirk in return...
I'm glad it's cool enough that I can leave both heater and AC off.

But even more grateful that FLA is getting a little cold rain so that peoples' houses don't burn down.

I sure don't want to be a firefighter.

DH

Gail
April 10th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Back a zillion years ago, we represented one of two Soviet nationals accused of espionage. The FBI had surveillance on a phone booth they expected the Soviets to use. It's February. It's snowing. And, sure enough, some guy shows up to wash the windows of the phone booth! The audio (of the FBI agents talking to each other) was priceless...

LOL! Murphy's Law in action. I would have loved to have heard that conversation.

But at least snow in February is within the realm of possibility. They're now talking about the possibility in April! Chances are it won't, but even that they're talking about the chance in the 2nd week of April is more than I want to deal with. I've had enough of this crap. :mad:

Judy G. Russell
April 10th, 2007, 10:20 PM
LOL! Murphy's Law in action. I would have loved to have heard that conversation.It was truly hilarious. Among the comments was the expletive-laden explosion by one agent that it had to be the CIA...

But at least snow in February is within the realm of possibility. They're now talking about the possibility in April! Chances are it won't, but even that they're talking about the chance in the 2nd week of April is more than I want to deal with. I've had enough of this crap. :mad:You and me both. Snow, sleet and freezing rain is the forecast for tomorrow night. Waaaaaaaah!!!

Judy G. Russell
April 10th, 2007, 10:20 PM
this wintry weather hasn't made the gardening any easier for us--still we've managed to get 7 plants around the new pond.You're lucky they haven't frozen to the pond...

Judy G. Russell
April 10th, 2007, 10:21 PM
even more grateful that FLA is getting a little cold rain so that peoples' houses don't burn down. I sure don't want to be a firefighter.It's been dry enough everywhere that this should be a truly horrific fire season.

Gail
April 10th, 2007, 10:33 PM
It was truly hilarious. Among the comments was the expletive-laden explosion by one agent that it had to be the CIA...

Oh, too funny, and somehow not all that surprising. <g>

You and me both. Snow, sleet and freezing rain is the forecast for tomorrow night. Waaaaaaaah!!!

It just better not do it. Really better not. Really, REALLY better not! :mad:

lensue
April 10th, 2007, 10:59 PM
>You're lucky they haven't frozen to the pond...<

Judy the pond was frozen for a about 6 weeks except for where we kept an aerator going so the pond never completely froze--if the pond completely froze the fish would be dead!

Judy G. Russell
April 11th, 2007, 08:40 AM
if the pond completely froze the fish would be dead!Well, you'd at least have frozen fish for dinner!

Judy G. Russell
April 11th, 2007, 08:41 AM
It just better not do it. Really better not. Really, REALLY better not! :mad:I hope not, but the forecast is still calling for freezing temps by daybreak tomorrow.