PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Box Redux

rlohmann
April 5th, 2007, 04:20 PM
The case, mobo, and graphics card came today. Those were the last parts. Everything is now spread out on the dining-room table, my roommate is muttering darkly about divorce, and I am faced with the ultimate reality, armed only with a screwdriver.

Where is Charlemagne now that we need him? :(

Judy G. Russell
April 5th, 2007, 04:47 PM
The case, mobo, and graphics card came today. Those were the last parts. Everything is now spread out on the dining-room table, my roommate is muttering darkly about divorce, and I am faced with the ultimate reality, armed only with a screwdriver.And, I hope, a grounding wristband!!

Best of luck to you as you confront Truth, Justice and the Quest for the Ultimate Box.

Dan in Saint Louis
April 5th, 2007, 10:10 PM
armed only with a screwdriver.
Don't forget to align the triply-bifurcated turboencabulator!

rlohmann
April 6th, 2007, 04:12 PM
And, I hope, a grounding wristband!! Better than that. I slid one of our portable humidifiers into the dining room.

Best of luck to you as you confront Truth, Justice and the Quest for the Ultimate Box.Thank you. The VRWC subversive-activities motherboard add-on has already processed the home addresses of you and Lindsey.:cool:

rlohmann
April 6th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Don't forget to align the triply-bifurcated turboencabulator! Goes without saying, doesn't it? :)

Jeff
April 6th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Better than that. I slid one of our portable humidifiers into the dining room.

Rust is us. WD40 will be good for you. Red wine is good for me.

davidh
April 6th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Better than that. I slid one of our portable humidifiers into the dining room.

Ground a metal dish (to catch the condensation) and then place your metal beer mug on the plate, between swigs. Swig too fast impairs concentration, swig too slow impairs static discharge.

DH

rlohmann
April 7th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Works for me.:)

rlohmann
April 7th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Ground a metal dish (to catch the condensation) and then place your metal beer mug on the plate, between swigs. Swig too fast impairs concentration, swig too slow impairs static discharge. A new, and vastly improved, assembly procedure. Thank you. :)

earler
April 8th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Or, wait a month or 2 and the humidity level will be hear 100% there in maryland. No need to worry about static electricity then.

Lindsey
April 8th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Or, wait a month or 2 and the humidity level will be hear 100% there in maryland. No need to worry about static electricity then.
LOL!! That is, unfortunately, all too true. :(

--Lindsey

rlohmann
April 9th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Knowing the local climate as you do, you won't be surprised to know that I thought of that. Since it's getting warmer, and the ambient humidity isn't as low as it was a few weeks ago, I decided that moving the small humidifier into the dining room would probably be enough to suppress the ESD.

We'll see.:cool: