PDA

View Full Version : Round 1613 - Madefy

Bill Hirst
May 27th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Thie is an honor and a challenge, to be starting round 1613 here while the place is being demonished to make way for a hyperspatial bypass.

*** Madefy *** is the word for your defining pleaseure.

Capitalize it or not, I don't care. What I care about is
having a bunch of fake, but believable, definitons sent to me BY EMAIL, no later than Saturday Night, nidnight Eastern

Daylight Time. That should be 9:00 PM Saturday on the left coast, and 04;00 Monday morning across the pond to my East.

Send the definitons to me at <billhirst@tapcis.com> or <billhirst@comcast.net> or by e-mail reply to this message in any of

the three possible locations for the game.

I'll also crosspost this message to Tapcis.com and Coryphageus. We'll worry about how to vote when that part of the game

rolls around.

-Bill

Bill Hirst
May 27th, 2005, 07:20 AM
BTW. to get to e-mail here, you can either download my v-card and use the address on some other mailer, or just click on my name Bill Hirst at the top of the message and find e-mail in the drop-down box.

Daniel Widdis
May 27th, 2005, 11:19 AM
*** Madefy *** is the word for your defining pleaseure.
But the subject line says Markey!

Judy G. Russell
May 27th, 2005, 11:28 AM
But the subject line says Markey!
Not any more it doesn't...

Toni Savage
May 27th, 2005, 03:06 PM
test of email reply--- nope, can't see how to send it email...

Judy G. Russell
May 27th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Under thread tools there's a place where you can send a specific notice about the thread, but that's all I've been able to find so far. Doesn't mean there isn't anything else -- there are huge numbers of options under this software we haven't figured out yet! This will be on the list for this weekend and our "what else can we do with this" efforts.

Daniel Widdis
May 27th, 2005, 06:06 PM
test of email reply--- nope, can't see how to send it email...
See my name above this thread? Click on my name. A little menu pops down. One of the choices is "Send email to Daniel Widdis".

JohnnyB
May 28th, 2005, 04:25 AM
Dan

See my name above this thread? Click on my name. A little menu pops down. One of the choices is "Send email to Daniel Widdis".

Not on mine.... I get a whole page with all sorts of options which among other things about half-way down the right hand side have 'mail to' or 'private mail to' mailto links

For me the header info (while on the web) merely gives my name and the fact thta I am a member

(later correction) - I am a Registered User... for me, registered users do get a minidrop down menu when I click on them,
But you are a 'Member' and when I click on someone who is a member is when I get the whole page of stuff

JohnnyB

PS to whom do I report the buglet that when viewing a thread my newly posted message does not show.. I have to go out of the thread and back in again to see it.

marijke
May 28th, 2005, 04:28 AM
demonished

Wonderful...

9:00 PM Saturday on the left coast, and 04;00 Monday morning across the pond to my East.

Umm... there may be laws agains Sunday trading here in Old Blighty, but we haven't yet abolished Sundays altogether <g>.

--Regards, marijke

Bill Hirst
May 28th, 2005, 06:49 AM
So far I have definitions from: marijke, Paul, Dodi, Dick Toll, Dan Widdis Judy Madnick, Toni, Hugo, John Barrs, Dave Cunningham, Nancy, and Len. There are about 2.5 hours left until the 10:00 am deadline (Eastern TIme) so get 'em in soon.

Send the definitons to me at <billhirst@tapcis.com> or <billhirst@comcast.net>.

Some people have reported problems with e-mail. That's not surprising with the newness of this place. I''ve got something wrong with one of my alternate email addresses right now, but it doesn't affect defintions so I'll look at it later.
If you have trouble with e-mail here, get to the old Tapcis Forum (it was still there 10 minutes ago) and e-mail a reply to any of MY messages. Or cut/past one of the addresses just above into the "To:" field of your own e-mail program.

Bill Hirst
May 28th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Not any more it doesn't...

Thanks Judy. Have I mentioned what a teriffic job you're doing here? Somebody should make you a sysop or something.

Bill Hirst
May 28th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Umm... there may be laws agains Sunday trading here in Old Blighty, but we haven't yet abolished Sundays altogether <g>.

Really? I must have gone the wrong way around the globe and gained a whole day. That means I can still make the deadline at the Explorer's Club.

-Phineas Fogg

Judy G. Russell
May 28th, 2005, 07:59 AM
PS to whom do I report the buglet that when viewing a thread my newly posted message does not show.. I have to go out of the thread and back in again to see it.
What operatng system and browser are you using, please? And which display mode?

Judy G. Russell
May 28th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Thanks Judy. Have I mentioned what a teriffic job you're doing here? Somebody should make you a sysop or something.
Aieeeee! A fate worse than death!!! (Thanks!)

Judy G. Russell
May 28th, 2005, 08:01 AM
I'll add looking at the email options to the things to do this weekend.

Daniel Widdis
May 28th, 2005, 12:33 PM
I get a whole page with all sorts of options which among other things about half-way down the right hand side have 'mail to' or 'private mail to' mailto links
I believe that the drop-down menu I mentioned is a javascript thing. I suspect you have javascript turned off, and that's why you get the whole page. Still, the "mail to" link should do the trick.

Not sure if that's a buglet. It's just a need for you to "refresh" or "reload" your page. The browser doesn't download it a second time because it's been seen before.

Mike
May 28th, 2005, 05:27 PM
I find a certain sense of je ne sais quoi by reading your message just as I hear a song on the radio by the guitarist JohnnyA.

marijke
May 28th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Johnny,

I am a Registered User... for me, registered users do get a minidrop down menu when I click on them,
But you are a 'Member' and when I click on someone who is a member is when I get the whole page of stuff

Most odd! Whether i click on the name of a lowly Reg.User, a full-blown Member, or the Administrator herself, i get the same menu each time, same 5 items. Minus whatever they disabled -- for instance in Judy's menu the "send email" was missing, and in mine the "private message" is missing because i just disabled it (*). Don't understand why you are seeing something different!

--Regards, marijke

(*) too much hassle maintaining them with 50 max, too many bells and whistles, esp. with the phone bill running -- people can just email me if they want to say things in private.