PDA

View Full Version : Justice Breyer on NPR quiz show

sidney
April 2nd, 2007, 07:07 PM
Supreme Court Justice Breyer doesn't seem to know much about rock and roll drug culture trivia, but he certainly showed a sense of humor as a contestant on NPR's "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" quiz show. You can listen to the show or choose a segment to listen to as a stream (http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=35&prgDate=03-24-2007&view=storyview) or download the whole thing as an mp3 file (22.1MB) (http://podcastdownload.npr.org/anon.npr-podcasts/podcast/35/9273229/npr_9273229.mp3?dl=1)

I thought that the rest of the show was even more hilarious and recommend downloading the whole thing.

-- sidney

Judy G. Russell
April 2nd, 2007, 08:23 PM
Supreme Court Justice Breyer doesn't seem to know much about rock and roll drug culture trivia, but he certainly showed a sense of humor as a contestant on NPR's "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" quiz show.I loved the whole section on the robe...

Lindsey
April 3rd, 2007, 12:30 AM
I thought that the rest of the show was even more hilarious and recommend downloading the whole thing.
"Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" is probably my favorite NPR program. I look forward to it every week.

--Lindsey

ktinkel
April 3rd, 2007, 10:06 AM
"Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" is probably my favorite NPR program. I look forward to it every week.Me, too. And I think having Carl Kasell’s voice on my answering machine even out-ranks getting an NPR lapel pin as an object of desire! <g>

Lindsey
April 4th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Me, too. And I think having Carl Kasell’s voice on my answering machine even out-ranks getting an NPR lapel pin as an object of desire! <g>
LOL!! I know just what you mean. (Have you checked out the program's web page? They have a number of sample messages there.)

--Lindsey

ktinkel
April 4th, 2007, 09:08 AM
LOL!! I know just what you mean. (Have you checked out the program's web page? They have a number of sample messages there.)No! I’ll have to take a look.