PDA

View Full Version : Is it Tuttle (or is itButtle)?

ndebord
March 25th, 2007, 01:22 PM
This from the Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/24/AR2007032400944.html

Judy G. Russell
March 25th, 2007, 04:38 PM
How 'bout we just call it STUPID?

ndebord
March 26th, 2007, 02:29 AM
How 'bout we just call it STUPID?

Judy,

Stoopid is one on one. This is criminal. Gilliam got it right way back in 1985.

Judy G. Russell
March 26th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Stoopid is one on one. This is criminal. Gilliam got it right way back in 1985.I had to look that reference up. (Thank heavens for Google...)

ndebord
March 26th, 2007, 08:52 PM
I had to look that reference up. (Thank heavens for Google...)

Judy,

I luved that movie.

Saw it with both endings and the comparison to today's reality draws shivers down my back.

<sigh>

Judy G. Russell
March 26th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Saw it with both endings and the comparison to today's reality draws shivers down my back. <sigh>Very similar to 1984 as well.

ndebord
March 29th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Very similar to 1984 as well.

Judy,

Fascism's shadow scares the crap right out of me.

Judy G. Russell
March 30th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Fascism's shadow scares the crap right out of me.As well it should.

Dan in Saint Louis
March 30th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Fascism's shadow scares the crap right out of me.
And when leftover Fascists staff the security offices of the Communists who moved in, well, see The Lives of Others (http://www.sonyclassics.com/thelivesofothers/).

ndebord
March 30th, 2007, 11:19 AM
And when leftover Fascists staff the security offices of the Communists who moved in, well, see The Lives of Others (http://www.sonyclassics.com/thelivesofothers/).

Dan,

Take a trip down memory lane here in NJ. Visit the town of South River and say hello to Hitler's best.

Judy G. Russell
March 30th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Take a trip down memory lane here in NJ. Visit the town of South River and say hello to Hitler's best.Huh? What's with South River?

ndebord
March 31st, 2007, 01:07 AM
Huh? What's with South River?

Judy,

Belarus SS Brigade

Judy G. Russell
March 31st, 2007, 08:59 AM
Belarus SS BrigadeI still don't understand. What does the Belarus SS Brigade have to do with South River? (I generally don't bother with local news...)

ndebord
March 31st, 2007, 11:32 AM
I still don't understand. What does the Belarus SS Brigade have to do with South River? (I generally don't bother with local news...)

Judy,

After WWII, Dulles (or his proxies) transplanted 200 members to South River; a relocation of Nazi intelligence assets and their dependents that the CIA wanted to use to fight the Russians in the new (cold) war.

Judy G. Russell
March 31st, 2007, 06:03 PM
After WWII, Dulles (or his proxies) transplanted 200 members to South River; a relocation of Nazi intelligence assets and their dependents that the CIA wanted to use to fight the Russians in the new (cold) war.Well I'll be damned. I never heard that story.

ndebord
March 31st, 2007, 10:38 PM
Well I'll be damned. I never heard that story.

Judy,

What's the matter? You never got pulled over on the Garden State by a NJ state trooper and wondered why the uniform reminded you of WWII newsreels?

;-)

Judy G. Russell
March 31st, 2007, 10:42 PM
What's the matter? You never got pulled over on the Garden State by a NJ state trooper and wondered why the uniform reminded you of WWII newsreels?Errr... no. I was always too busy wondering how I could talk my way out of the ticket...

lensue
April 1st, 2007, 08:45 AM
>Well I'll be damned. I never heard that story<

Judy, well we go down to southern Jersey from time to time and I had never heard of any of this before--found quite a bit like:

"Only few of Belarusian Nazis were hired by AMCOMLIB. Majority of Belarusian intelligentsia found jobs at hospitals, academic positions, architectural firms. The former Abramtchyk faction was headed now by Kushel and was centered around Brooklyn, N.Y. The Astrouski faction was centered in South River, New Jersey. Between 1948 and 1950 over 200 Belarusian Nazis arrived to South River, NJ with their families. Astrouski himself was still hiding in Argentina with the help of British intelligence"

at

http://www.geocities.com/dudar2000/Bcc.htm

I have to admit I wasn't aware of the town of South River--went to Mapquest and I see it's much closer than I thought--near New Brunswick--wow!

Judy G. Russell
April 1st, 2007, 09:46 AM
we go down to southern Jersey from time to time and I had never heard of any of this before... I have to admit I wasn't aware of the town of South River--went to Mapquest and I see it's much closer than I thought--near New Brunswick--wow!That's why I was reacting. It's not far from me at all.

ndebord
April 1st, 2007, 10:51 AM
Errr... no. I was always too busy wondering how I could talk my way out of the ticket...

Judy,

There you go and what was I thinking? Asking a state trooper if he used a cotton ball or a rag to get that spitshine on his storm trooper boots.

;-)

lensue
April 1st, 2007, 12:27 PM
>It's not far from me at all<

Judy, yes--it's even too close to me! [g]

Judy G. Russell
April 1st, 2007, 01:24 PM
it's even too close to me! [g]The whole state would be too close...