PDA

View Full Version : SeaMonkey QuickTime or ITunes???

Peter Creasey
March 8th, 2007, 02:25 PM
I have come to find out that my SeaMonkey plug-ins don't include QuickTime. I see there is a choice of whether to download QuickTime or QuickTime ITunes.

With my SeaMonkey 1.1.1 and Windows XP Pro, can someone recommend which is the most advisable to install?

Thanks!

davidh
March 8th, 2007, 02:32 PM
I have come to find out that my SeaMonkey plug-ins don't include QuickTime. I see there is a choice of whether to download QuickTime or QuickTime ITunes.

With my SeaMonkey 1.1.1 and Windows XP Pro, can someone recommend which is the most advisable to install?

Thanks!

Don't know what to recommend. But be sure, whatever it is, that it has latest security updates:

http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=2363&rss

DH

Peter Creasey
March 8th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Don't know what to recommend. But be sure, whatever it is, that it has latest security updates

David, Thanks for the good advice. Both QuickTime and QuickTime ITunes being offered for download are the latest version 7.1.5.

Now to learn which one is advised.

Judy G. Russell
March 8th, 2007, 04:47 PM
I have come to find out that my SeaMonkey plug-ins don't include QuickTime. I see there is a choice of whether to download QuickTime or QuickTime ITunes. With my SeaMonkey 1.1.1 and Windows XP Pro, can someone recommend which is the most advisable to install?If you are only looking for a plug-in to play music while in your browser, use QuickTime. If you want a program to manage and play downloaded music as well, use iTunes.

Peter Creasey
March 8th, 2007, 07:51 PM
If you are only looking for a plug-in to play music while in your browser, use QuickTime. If you want a program to manage and play downloaded music as well, use iTunes.

Judy, Thanks for the concise summary. You have confirmed what I was surmising... QuickTime is the way to go in my case.

I'm definitely not in the downloaded music mode.

Judy G. Russell
March 8th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Glad to help, Peter.