>> way we prefer, huh?

Okay w/me, Lindsey! A LITTLE bit, that is. At this point, you've still got
18 weeks--a BIG bit, more than a third of the year. I'd be willing to give
you crack-of-dawn risers, gee, even MORE than a little bit. Maybe as much
as, say, eight or ten weeks. ;-)

--Dodi

Bill Hirst
February 26th, 2007, 11:27 AM
You save daylight time your way, I'll save daylight time my way.
Personally, I like to keep it in a tightly sealed Mason jar on the
back porch. That way I can release some when I need it, like when I
drop my keys in the grass or the croquet game runs late.

-Bill

--- In coryphaeus (AT) yahoogroups (DOT) com, Dodi Schultz <schultz@...> wrote:
>
>
> >> Why can't those of us who don't like having dark until fairly
late
> >> in the morning have just a little bit of the year that it
works the
> >> way we prefer, huh?
>
> Okay w/me, Lindsey! A LITTLE bit, that is. At this point, you've
still got
> 18 weeks--a BIG bit, more than a third of the year. I'd be willing
to give
> you crack-of-dawn risers, gee, even MORE than a little bit. Maybe
as much
> as, say, eight or ten weeks. ;-)
>
> --Dodi
>

Lindsey
February 26th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Personally, I like to keep it in a tightly sealed Mason jar on the back porch. That way I can release some when I need it, like when I
There you go! Sounds like a good solution to me!

(Croquet games running late makes me think of summer evenings when I was a kid, only with us it was S.P.U.D. rather than croquet.)

--Lindsey

Lindsey
February 27th, 2007, 12:01 AM
I'd be willing to give
you crack-of-dawn risers, gee, even MORE than a little bit. Maybe as much
as, say, eight or ten weeks. ;-)
Actually, it's because I'm not an early morning person that I like to have some light when it's time to get up, because I intensely dislike getting up before dawn!!!

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
February 27th, 2007, 05:08 PM
You save daylight time your way, I'll save daylight time my way.
Personally, I like to keep it in a tightly sealed Mason jar on the
back porch. That way I can release some when I need it, like when I

Sigh... Mason jars to me practically define summer. Catching fireflies in 'em... drinking sweet tea out of 'em...

Lindsey
February 27th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Sigh... Mason jars to me practically define summer. Catching fireflies in 'em... drinking sweet tea out of 'em...
I have fond memories of catching fireflies (or lightning bugs, as we called 'em) -- but sweet tea? Bleah!! Must be another one of those things like grits that we just don't do in this part of the South.

--Lindsey

Tim Bourne
February 28th, 2007, 11:44 AM
> Mason jars to me practically define summer.
>
Pleeeease - what's a Mason jar?

Best wishes,

Tim B

Judy G. Russell
February 28th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Pleeeease - what's a Mason jar?

A glass jar used a lot in canning. Check out this website: http://www.masonjars.biz/

Judy G. Russell
February 28th, 2007, 09:21 PM
I have fond memories of catching fireflies (or lightning bugs, as we called 'em) -- but sweet tea? Bleah!! Must be another one of those things like grits that we just don't do in this part of the South.

Every one of my Virginia relatives is hooked on sweet tea. I prefer my iced tea with lemon and not so sweet, myself, but...

Lindsey
February 28th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Every one of my Virginia relatives is hooked on sweet tea. I prefer my iced tea with lemon and not so sweet, myself, but...
That's sort of a southside/southwest Virginia thing, I think. Central and Northern Virginia, not so much.

Some state legislator in -- I think it was North Carolina, but could have been South Carolina or Georgia -- miffed when some restaurant he went to required him to put sugar in his tea if he wanted it sweet, tried to make it a state law that all restaurants in the state had to offer sweet tea.

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
March 1st, 2007, 11:38 PM
That's sort of a southside/southwest Virginia thing, I think. Central and Northern Virginia, not so much.About 90% of my Virginia relatives are in a triangle between Alexandria in the north, Richmond on the east and Charlottesville on the west. Can't get much more Central and Northern than that.

Some state legislator in -- I think it was North Carolina, but could have been South Carolina or Georgia -- miffed when some restaurant he went to required him to put sugar in his tea if he wanted it sweet, tried to make it a state law that all restaurants in the state had to offer sweet tea.Oh for pete's sake...

Lindsey
March 2nd, 2007, 10:50 PM
About 90% of my Virginia relatives are in a triangle between Alexandria in the north, Richmond on the east and Charlottesville on the west. Can't get much more Central and Northern than that.
What can I say? Your relatives are weird. :p

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
March 3rd, 2007, 08:33 PM
Your relatives are weird. :p That sentence is redundant.

Lindsey
March 5th, 2007, 10:07 PM
That sentence is redundant.
I'll have to admit that I saw a McDonald's billboard Saturday night along I-95 coming north out of Chester advertising a new offering: Sweet tea. (Maybe the signs are aimed at North Carolinians coming north to Richmond...)

--Lindsey