PDA

View Full Version : Free AOL Active Security Monitor

davidh
January 21st, 2007, 07:36 PM
Free AOL Active Security Monitor (ASM)

Anybody tried this? Sounds like a good idea. But I'm wary of installing anything from AOL. Win 2000 or XP req'd, I think.

Now there's an easy way to know if you're protected from computer viruses, spyware, identity theft, network intrusions and other security threats.
Those who think their PCs are protected online*: 70% Those who ARE protected: 20% Find out if your PC is really protected

* Fast and easy!
* Get quick fixes and recommendations to help you resolve security vulnerabilities.
* Perfect for home networks!
* Always scanning for new threats.

http://free.aol.com/tryaolfree/index3.adp?promo=808544&service=asm

UNQUOTE

DH

Judy G. Russell
January 21st, 2007, 09:10 PM
Free AOL Active Security Monitor (ASM)... I'm wary of installing anything from AOL.Ain't nooooooo way I'd install anything from AOL. Their stuff is inevitably so intrusive that you can't get rid of it if you want to.

Dan in Saint Louis
January 22nd, 2007, 09:04 AM
Ain't nooooooo way I'd install anything from AOL. Their stuff is inevitably so intrusive that you can't get rid of it if you want to.
Friends don't let friends drive drunk, or install AOL or Norton.

Judy G. Russell
January 22nd, 2007, 09:43 AM
Friends don't let friends drive drunk, or install AOL or Norton.Yeah, Norton either. Trying to uninstall that stuff is sooooo hard. With one sneak install of AOL software (a houseguest who did NOT have my permission), the only way I got my computer back the way I wanted it was to reformat the hard drive and start over...