PDA

View Full Version : OE6,tapcis mail

aglai45
June 16th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Hi.

Trying to get Outlook Express 6 to read my mail at Tapcis. Followed setup instructions, ran OE, get screen asking for password. Type in password, loops back asking password. Gave up om OE.

Using Webmail, changed password. Back to OE. Password loop again.

In OE, changed ports to 80 and 3535, Tapcis mail no response. Changed ports back to 25 and 110. Password loop again.

What am I missing?

Thanks, Gene.

Lindsey
June 16th, 2005, 05:01 PM
What am I missing?

There is, I believe, a different password that you have to use for POP3 access; you should have received an e-mail about that when your account was set up.

--Lindsey

aglai45
June 17th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Linsey,

Could you look up my passwords for Webmail and POP3 access?

I checked my notes and tried e-mailed passwords, no logins. Tried current passwords, got Webmail login. In OE, password loop.

Thanks, Gene.

Mike
June 20th, 2005, 02:05 AM
Unfortunately, Judy controls the email accounts, and she's AFK this weekend.

aglai45
June 20th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Mike,
Thanks for reply. What does 'AFK' stand for? I will wait for Judy return.
Gene.

Bill Hirst
June 20th, 2005, 01:35 PM
AFK = Away From Keyboard. It's seen more often in online chat rooms than in a bulletin board like this.

Guerri Stevens
June 20th, 2005, 08:24 PM
In your message, on the top right under the Join Date, Location, and Posts, are a little tannish running person and a red Y!. I've seen those elsewhere. What are they?

Bill Hirst
June 20th, 2005, 09:08 PM
In your message, on the top right under the Join Date, Location, and Posts, are a little tannish running person and a red Y!. I've seen those elsewhere. What are they?

The little running man is a link to my AOL Instant Messenger, which is rarely on since I don't chat much. The Y! is a link to Yahoo messenger. You can enter any screen names you have: AIM, Y!, MSN and/or ICQ, under "User DP" (above left) and "Edit profile." Then you'll have little icons too.

aglai45
June 21st, 2005, 02:24 AM
Bill,

Thanks, I thought AFK was some how All I Know.

Gene.

Lindsey
June 21st, 2005, 03:31 PM
Thanks, I thought AFK was some how All I Know.
You're thinking of "AFAIK" - "As far as I know..."

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
June 23rd, 2005, 09:12 PM
I'm back -- check your private messages for a response.