PDA

View Full Version : Don't type your signature!!

Judy G. Russell
January 12th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Here's a hint for using these forums. Don't type your signature every time (if you do, then when others want to reply and hit the quote button, they usually feel they have to edit the signature out). Instead, use the automatic signature feature of the software we're using.

Go to the UserCP (click on the link up at the top left in the box below the forum logo). The first option in the Control Panel on the left is Edit Signature. Click on that and you can create and save a signature that will automatically be posted in all of your messages. You can preview it before you save it and you can edit it any time you want.

earler
January 12th, 2007, 03:12 PM
It tried entering my signature, but instead of a blank line followed by indentation, the -er was placed at the left margin without a blank line. No good that.

-er

ktinkel
January 12th, 2007, 03:54 PM
It tried entering my signature, but instead of a blank line followed by indentation, the -er was placed at the left margin without a blank line. No good that. So when creating your signature, start with a line of some text, make it white, press return, then type what you want to show in black. Works like a charm.

earler
January 15th, 2007, 04:36 AM
What a hassle! But it works.

ktinkel
January 15th, 2007, 08:48 AM
What a hassle! But it works.True, but only once!

Dan in Saint Louis
January 15th, 2007, 09:14 AM
So when creating your signature, start with a line of some text, make it white, press return, then type what you want to show in black. Works like a charm.
Or press the "Increase Indent" button when composing the sig line...

Judy G. Russell
January 15th, 2007, 10:56 AM
True, but only once!Exactly! Why bother hassling over and over when you can do it once and forget about it?

lensue
January 15th, 2007, 11:06 AM
>Don't type your signature every time <

Judy, I'm trying this now but I think I messed up--here goes!

lensue
January 15th, 2007, 11:06 AM
>here goes<

Len, you got lucky--it worked!