PDA

View Full Version : CIS Boards down???

Peter Creasey
January 2nd, 2007, 10:09 AM
I have been uable to connect to the CIS Boards today. I keep getting the message...

Network Timeout The operation timed out when attempting to contact community.compuserve.com. The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary outage? Try again later.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.
* Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.

Can anyone say what's going on?

Dan in Saint Louis
January 2nd, 2007, 12:29 PM
Can anyone say what's going on?
They are down from both the CompuServe and Netscape entry points.

davidh
January 2nd, 2007, 12:49 PM
I have been uable to connect to the CIS Boards today. I keep getting the message...

Can anyone say what's going on? delphiforums.com and prospero.com appear to be down now at 1:48 PM EST

DH

Peter Creasey
January 2nd, 2007, 12:52 PM
delphiforums.com and prospero.com appear to be down now at 1:48 PM EST

Dan, Thanks...I'm glad I'm not the only person who can't get in.

David, What is the significance of delphiforums and prospero being down? Are they some kind of hosts?

davidh
January 2nd, 2007, 01:05 PM
Dan, Thanks...I'm glad I'm not the only person who can't get in.

David, What is the significance of delphiforums and prospero being down? Are they some kind of hosts? I believe that most, if not all, of the new style web forums of Netscape/Compuserve are hosted by prospero.

Like Compuserve, GENIE, Prodigy, etc., Delphi Online service used to have its own proprietary forum protocol and third party Off Line Readers (analogous to TAPCIS and OzWin). Delphi stopped OLR support in the late 20th Century, circa 1997-98.

DH

davidh
January 2nd, 2007, 01:16 PM
I believe that most, if not all, of the new style web forums of Netscape/Compuserve are hosted by prospero.

Like Compuserve, GENIE, Prodigy, etc., Delphi Online service used to have its own proprietary forum protocol and third party Off Line Readers (analogous to TAPCIS and OzWin). Delphi stopped OLR support in the late 20th Century, circa 1997-98.

DH
C:\TEMP>tracert community.netscape.com

Tracing route to forums.prosperotechnologies.com [66.128.67.82]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
Trace complete.

C:\TEMP>tracert prospero.com

Tracing route to prospero.com [66.128.67.80]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
Trace complete.

So it turns out that the "community" subdomain is actually prosperotechnologies

DH

davidh
January 2nd, 2007, 01:35 PM
delphiforums.com and prospero.com appear to be down now at 1:48 PM EST

DH
http://member.compuserve.com/forum_center/default.jsp only loads partially, not the full web page, also apparently because prospero.com is down.

However, compuserve private forums, such as adult forums, are probably running since they are still hosted by compuserve AFAIK.

DH

Peter Creasey
January 2nd, 2007, 01:57 PM
http://member.compuserve.com/forum_center/default.jsp only loads partially, not the full web page, also apparently because prospero.com is down.

I just got through to the CIS Boards so they apparently are back in operation.

Dan in Saint Louis
January 7th, 2007, 09:23 AM
I just got through to the CIS Boards so they apparently are back in operation.
Down again Sunday AM 7 Jan 07, error message "Server error in '/' Application."

Peter Creasey
January 7th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Down again Sunday AM 7 Jan 07, error message "Server error in '/' Application."

Dan, In case it might help you to see if your problem might be unique, my access to the CIS Boards worked fine ~10 AM CST today (Sunday).