PDA

View Full Version : AR8 AOK

Peter Creasey
December 14th, 2006, 02:35 PM
I uninstalled AdobeReader 7.08 and downloaded and installed AR 8.0. I can report that everything went flawlessly with the installs with SM 1.06 on multiple PCs.

Also, as has been reported, AR 8.0 is much faster than prior versions.

Thus far, the upgrade to AR 8.0 can be highly recommended with SeaMonkey.

Judy G. Russell
December 15th, 2006, 12:25 AM
I uninstalled AdobeReader 7.08 and downloaded and installed AR 8.0. I can report that everything went flawlessly with the installs with SM 1.06 on multiple PCs. Also, as has been reported, AR 8.0 is much faster than prior versions. Thus far, the upgrade to AR 8.0 can be highly recommended with SeaMonkey.Good to know, Pete, thanks. Faster would be verrrry nice!

Peter Creasey
December 15th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Good to know, Pete, thanks. Faster would be verrrry nice!

Judy, I believe I have discovered the reason for at least part of the "faster" response. Parts of AR8 are preloaded at boot up.

I have undone this preloading and will monitor whether the response is still faster. Thus far, I believe it may be even without the preloads.

Judy G. Russell
December 15th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Judy, I believe I have discovered the reason for at least part of the "faster" response. Parts of AR8 are preloaded at boot up. I have undone this preloading and will monitor whether the response is still faster. Thus far, I believe it may be even without the preloads.Hmmm... I don't mind the idea of preloads, but only when I can control them. There's an awful lot of junk that gets preloaded for no good reason.