PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird loses key strokes

Dan in Saint Louis
November 25th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Thunderbird appears to not accept key strokes if it happens to check mail while I am composing a message. It also does not seem to store the key strokes in a buffer, to be entered into the message after the mail downloading is done.

Might there be a multi-tasking problem here? Could there be a prefs.js setting to allow more processing threads at once?

Thunderbird 1.5.0.8, WinXPPro/SP2, Athlon XP3200+, 1 GB RAM.

Thank you!

davidh
December 2nd, 2006, 03:33 PM
I don't know if this is related. I run Firefox 2.0 on a 500Mhz AMD K6 Win 98 PC 192MB ram. I notice a lot of delay when typing characters while editing this message and others here.

I wonder if it has to do with the FF2 spell checker? Or with the scripts that implement this editing window. I don't seem to notice this with Yahoo or Google web mail or Yahoo groups editors, but have done no really serious comparison.

DH

Dan in Saint Louis
December 2nd, 2006, 04:55 PM
I don't know if this is related. I run Firefox 2.0 on a 500Mhz AMD K6 Win 98 PC 192MB ram. I notice a lot of delay when typing characters while editing this message and others here.
The feeling on the Bugzilla bulletin board is that the timed backup feature of TB is stealing focus from the composition window, and checking mail has nothing to do with it.

I have not observed the problem since I turned off the automatic backup feature "Tools, Options, Composition, General, Auto Save...".