PDA

View Full Version : On the move...

SteveSneed
May 26th, 2005, 12:09 PM
but it's always good to find a new home when the old one gets sold out from under you, eh? :)

Good to see this, Sidney. I hope the community remains intact - a lot of good has come out of this group in the last... wow, if we go back to the original BPlus/GIF tools pieces of the programs, almost 20 years now.

My best wishes to all!!

Steve

Mark Hamilton
May 26th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Good God! Is it really you?! Long time, no hear!

Yeah, well, we had to move out before those guys in hard hats and swinging balls set about levelling the place :).

It's you I have to thank for encouraging me to keep going with Delphi 1 all those years ago.... now we're up to version 10!

Best wishes,
Mark

sidney
May 26th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Steve! It's wonderful seeing you here!

I thought the community was gone, but I'm surprised how many people are answering that last email I sent out. I'm even more surprised by how many people continued using OzWin for their email or to revisit and manage their forum archives after they stopped visiting any forums.

You built something that lasted amazingly well.

-- sidney

Mark Hamilton
May 26th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Absolutely! A program that lasts for 11 or 12 years without any dramatic changes is some feat. I still use it for Classic mail, mainly out of habit but also because it's a damm site more reliable than anything else I've tried with the exception of Thunderbird which I use for my non-CIS addresses.

Mark

Karl Semper
May 26th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Sidney and Steve,

I really miss being able to access the forums using the program that was written and maintained by you. I still use the netmail module to get some of my email and for me it has been real stable. I was sorry to see that it didn't get further developed. I will continue to use the program for as long as I can. I still like that I can easily get access in europe to my email using the program.

I only wish that this program could access the new forums. It would certainly allow me to participate a lot more than now. It just takes too much time.

Anyway thanks for the best program that I ever installed on my computers.

Karl

Judy G. Russell
May 26th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Good heavens, welcome, Steve! Good to see you here.

Mike
May 27th, 2005, 03:24 AM
One never knows where he'll encounter famous stars. <g>

Good to see your pixels, Steve!

Franca
May 27th, 2005, 03:26 AM
Hi, Steve!

My OzWin II icon still sits proudly on my desktop. :-) Nice to see you here.

jackofshadows
May 29th, 2005, 03:15 AM
Steve, great to see your presence again! I'll second what Sidney said. The program continues to truck right along here doing what it does best even if the supporting system is going to the bit-bucket, and that is despite throwing the latest (and greatest?) from Microsoft at it in the OS department. What you built, and Sidney built on, continues to last and last.

Too bad so much of what CIS did was proprietary, and I'm sure patented/copyrighted. 'Twould have been nice to pull a phoenix number on them {sigh}.

Clay Lansdown
May 29th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Hi Steve and Sidney,

Good to see you around again Steve.

I still use Ozwin for my email. My wife and I are touring the U.S. in a motor home and use a cellphone to access the internet. Ozwin is really handy in that situation.

Clay Lansdown - Full timing in a Sightseer 35 foot motorhome.

EAR
May 29th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

>> SteveSneed

Hey, hey!. Gabe and Hermann should be around the corner :-).

Best regards,
E.A.R.

Marilynx
May 30th, 2005, 12:05 AM
>> A program that lasts for 11 or 12 years without any dramatic changes is some feat. <<

Isn't THAT the truth?

<dipping toe in waters of a new Forum software>

-- Marilyn

leslegge
May 31st, 2005, 03:01 PM
>> A program that lasts for 11 or 12 years without any dramatic changes is some feat. <<

Isn't THAT the truth?

<dipping toe in waters of a new Forum software>

-- Marilyn

And I only used it for 8 :) - nice to see 'old faces' here ;)

LJL (les legge)

Greg Stephens
June 2nd, 2005, 03:38 PM
Steve! It's wonderful seeing you here!

I thought the community was gone, but I'm surprised how many people are answering that last email I sent out. I'm even more surprised by how many people continued using OzWin for their email or to revisit and manage their forum archives after they stopped visiting any forums.

-- sidney

And I still use it to access archived forum data. A truly good program.