PDA

View Full Version : 1754 PARAMIOGRAPHER results

Dave Cunningham
October 29th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Hugo's drawing tool wins in a walk with 8 natural points, making Guerri the real winner this time out. I found the word when looking for odd words used to describe collectors for a trivia quiz, and this one really leapt out for sure! Wayne gets 2 dealer points for his lost def. Now off to tend Mathew (our five year old grand nephew).

1. A ghostwriter. [Abell] 17 19 (Savage) (Shefler) 2

2. A person trained to take miographs, but not a qualified miometrician. [Bourne] 6 10 nil

3. Someone who makes drawings of microbes. [Emery] NV (Barrs) (Kornelis) 2

4. One who records, narrates, or comments on techniques for divination. [Carson] 17 19 (Scott) 1

5. One who writes about cheese. [Stone] 16 17 (Scott) 1

6. One trained in the description and cataloging of maps. [Widdis] 14 16 (Bourne) 1

7. One who records and reports data dealing with population fertility or birth rate. [Danielson] 8 19 (Schultz) 1

8. A device used to measure the height of a land mass from a distant point. [Stevens] 14 19 (Danielson) (Lance) (Kornelis) (Madnick) (Crom) 5!!

9. A collector or writer of proverbs. [Webster] (Savage) (Barrs) D2

10. One who investigates and authors treatises exposing fraudulent medical theory. [Madnick] 8 19 (Bourne) 1

11. The color-reference video target(s) on the Martian rovers Spirit and Opportunity. [Hirst] 12 19 nil

12. One who obsessively records the details of his or her sexual activities. [Lance] 8 13 (Hirst) 1

13. A designer of baby carriages. [Shefler] 1 19 (Lance) 1

14. A person who writes in parables or riddles. [Crom] NV (Schultz) (Widdis) (Stevens) 3

15. One who studies deviousness by recording answers whose subjects are at variance with the subject of the questions asked. [Barrs] 3 *9 2 + 0 = 2

16. An author who writes historical fiction, or pseudo-history. [Savage] 1 *9 (Stone) (Widdis) 2 + 2 = 4

17. A ghostwriter for the putative author of a memoir or autobiography. [Schultz] 7 14 (Stone) (Carson) (Abell) 3

18. [Med.] One who researches deficiencies of the muscular system. [Heimerson] NV nil

19. A drawing tool that uses several circles and ellipses with tandwheels and holes to produce drawing patterns. [Kornelis] 3 8 (Hirst) (Stevens) (Danielson) (Shefler) (Madnick) (Carson) (Crom) (Abell) 8<<<<

Scott 4 5 2DP for def lost in email

Dave

Hugo Kornelis
October 29th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Hi Dave,

> Hugo's drawing tool wins in a walk with 8 natural points

I saw that one coming from miles away! Thanks, all, for voting for my old
spirograph game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirograph in case you don't
know it), for that game was what inspired me to submit my def.

New word up shortly.

Best, Hugo

Guerri Stevens
October 29th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Not wanting to take votes away from anyone, but I believe Toni Savage
voted for 8 and 9, not 1 and 9. Giving me 6 votes instead of 5.

Guerri

Dave Cunningham wrote:
> Hugo's drawing tool wins in a walk with 8 natural points, making Guerri
> the real winner this time out. I found the word when looking for odd
> words used to describe collectors for a trivia quiz, and this one
> really leapt out for sure! Wayne gets 2 dealer points for his lost
> def. Now off to tend Mathew (our five year old grand nephew).