PDA

View Full Version : Last 2 days?

Gary Maltzen
September 29th, 2006, 11:58 AM
I was interested in looking at posts over the last couple of days, not just the new/unread posts.

Was there once a 'Get Posts' option on the bar which included 'Last 2 days' as a selection?

Or is that a feature added between version 3.0.7 and version 3.6.0?

Judy G. Russell
September 29th, 2006, 03:18 PM
I was interested in looking at posts over the last couple of days, not just the new/unread posts. Was there once a 'Get Posts' option on the bar which included 'Last 2 days' as a selection? Or is that a feature added between version 3.0.7 and version 3.6.0?It may have been added in the new version (which we haven't installed yet) or it may be an add-on, but it's not something we've done here yet. As soon as I get a round tuit (sometime in October, with luck), we'll upgrade and see about that add-on.

ktinkel
September 29th, 2006, 04:46 PM
I was interested in looking at posts over the last couple of days, not just the new/unread posts.

Was there once a 'Get Posts' option on the bar which included 'Last 2 days' as a selection?

Or is that a feature added between version 3.0.7 and version 3.6.0?We added that on the DTP Forum. Could you have confused yourself? (It is a mod.)

Gary Maltzen
September 29th, 2006, 05:44 PM
I know it's present on DTP - just wasn't sure if it had ever been present here. Having used it over there I was (albeit confusedly) expecting to be able to use it here.

Judy G. Russell
September 29th, 2006, 07:41 PM
We added that on the DTP Forum. Could you have confused yourself? (It is a mod.)Kathleen, have you upgraded to a newer version of the software yet? I'm sp jammed for time I haven't had a chance to look at it, but we all should, I think.

ktinkel
September 30th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Kathleen, have you upgraded to a newer version of the software yet? I'm sp jammed for time I haven't had a chance to look at it, but we all should, I think.Yes, we updated to 3.6.0 a month or so ago.

Judy G. Russell
September 30th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Yes, we updated to 3.6.0 a month or so ago.Any problems or concerns? Anything I should know about?

lensue
October 1st, 2006, 10:08 AM
>but we all should, I think<

Judy, is this something that would be useful for me in this forum--I don't know anything about this and my computer skills are quite limited--is there something I have to do to upgrade? Regards, Len

davidh
October 1st, 2006, 11:15 AM
-is there something I have to do to upgrade? Regards, Len Len,
The discussion was about upgrading the vbulletin server software which runs this forum on the server computer, not any software on member PC's such as yours and mine.

DH

P.S. Make sure to keep your browser uptodate no matter which browser you use. They all have security holes, not just MS Internet Explorer.

Plug-in programs such as Adobe Macromedia Flash Player, Apple Quicktime, Real Audio Player, Windows Media Player, also can and do have security holes so it's a good idea to check for security updates for such software or to disable them completely. Unfortunately, finding out how to do this is not so easy :-(

Judy G. Russell
October 1st, 2006, 11:39 AM
Judy, is this something that would be useful for me in this forum--I don't know anything about this and my computer skills are quite limited--is there something I have to do to upgrade?As David says, this particular discussion is about the forum software, not about software on your personal computer, Len! So no need to be concerned. For users, it should be totally painless. (But I'll work it through with folks who've done it before I try it here!)

lensue
October 1st, 2006, 12:01 PM
>Len! So no need to be concerned.<

Judy, thanks, when it comes to computers it doesn't take much to make me hit the panic button! Regards, Len [g]

Judy G. Russell
October 1st, 2006, 01:48 PM
Here (http://www.paramountzone.com/comppanicbut.htm) you go... you can have one for your very own.

lensue
October 1st, 2006, 08:13 PM
>Here you go... you can have one for your very own.<

Judy, incredible--how'd you come up with this! Regards, Len [g]

Judy G. Russell
October 1st, 2006, 09:01 PM
incredible--how'd you come up with this!I own one of course. I keep it right next to my AnyKey (http://www.computergear.com/pressanykey4.html) (for when the directions say "press any key"...