PDA

View Full Version : Republican poll numbers improve

ndebord
September 28th, 2006, 09:33 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060928/pl_nm/usa_politics_economy_dc_1

Zogby said Republicans had more than gas prices to thank for their poll improvement -- their ability to focus voter attention on national security has also helped.

"Still, to paraphrase my mother, cheaper gas is better than a kick in the pants," Zogby said.

Judy G. Russell
September 28th, 2006, 09:49 AM
I'm not generally a conspiracy theorist. But it does strike me as interesting that the prices are dropping so much so close to an election...

ndebord
September 28th, 2006, 11:09 AM
I'm not generally a conspiracy theorist. But it does strike me as interesting that the prices are dropping so much so close to an election...

Judy,

Where or where is T.R. and anti-trust legislation when you need it?

<sigh>

Judy G. Russell
September 28th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Where or where is T.R. and anti-trust legislation when you need it? <sigh>Don't hold your breath at the hope that a GOP administration will enforce antitrust laws...

ndebord
September 28th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Don't hold your breath at the hope that a GOP administration will enforce antitrust laws...

Judy,

Ah, I see. Silly me, I was thinking in "Republican" terms, not Emperor.

Lindsey
September 28th, 2006, 11:45 PM
“I like to tell people when the final history is written on Iraq, it will look like just a comma.” [G.W.B.]
I've been trying to figure out just WIH he meant by that statement. Will it look like a comma, do you suppose, because a comma looks like a turd?

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
September 28th, 2006, 11:56 PM
There is, alas, a great difference these days between "republican" and "Republican".

Judy G. Russell
September 28th, 2006, 11:57 PM
I've been trying to figure out just WIH he meant by that statement. Will it look like a comma, do you suppose, because a comma looks like a turd?ROFL!!!! That may be the best understanding of that comment I've ever seen.

ndebord
September 29th, 2006, 10:57 AM
I've been trying to figure out just WIH he meant by that statement. Will it look like a comma, do you suppose, because a comma looks like a turd?

--Lindsey

Lindsey,

Casualties are reality-based, unlike the politics of neo-con chicken hawks.

ndebord
September 29th, 2006, 10:59 AM
There is, alas, a great difference these days between "republican" and "Republican".

Judy,

Perhaps it is because Webster's has changed the spelling. Today's spelling is Republicon.

Judy G. Russell
September 29th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Today's spelling is Republicon.And when you consider folks like Randy "Duke" Cunningham and Bob Ney, that "-con" part takes on special meaning...

ndebord
September 30th, 2006, 12:30 AM
And when you consider folks like Randy "Duke" Cunningham and Bob Ney, that "-con" part takes on special meaning...

Judy,

Perhaps that spelling should be Republi-con-istas, with emphasis on the last syllable.

Judy G. Russell
September 30th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Perhaps that spelling should be Republi-con-istas, with emphasis on the last syllable.That'll work!

Pats
September 30th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I like "Repugnicans" myself!

Pats

Judy G. Russell
September 30th, 2006, 11:57 PM
I like "Repugnicans" myself!That'll work too!

Lindsey
October 1st, 2006, 11:41 PM
Casualties are reality-based, unlike the politics of neo-con chicken hawks.
For sure the guys who keep telling us how well things are going in Iraq are not dealing with reality!

Not only has the Iraq invasion made the terrorist problem worse (according to the latest NIE), but it has given Iran one more club to use against us. One of the things they can do to retaliate against the US if we move against them too aggressively is to step up support for the insurgency in Iraq, encouraging them to direct their actions against US military personnel rather than Iraqi civilians.

--Lindsey

Lindsey
October 1st, 2006, 11:44 PM
I like "Repugnicans" myself!

Pats
Or "Repugs" for short. :p

Or maybe, considering the Karl Rove School of Campaign Tactics, "ReTHUGlicans".

--Lindsey