PDA

View Full Version : 10 Run Eighth???

Mike Landi
September 5th, 2006, 08:41 AM
I turned off the game at the bottom of the seventh when Valone gave up some runs. I figured it was one of those games the Yanks were going to lose. Thee Royals have been beating good teams lately and I thought the Yanks were another victim.

This AM, I saw the score and thought 12-5? The Yankees gave up 7 more runs after the seventh (thinking the Royals had 12). I started reading the story and my jaw dropped. The Yankees had the 12. If I had waited 5 more minutes, I would have seen the comeback.

Amazing.....

ndebord
September 5th, 2006, 08:22 PM
I turned off the game at the bottom of the seventh when Valone gave up some runs. I figured it was one of those games the Yanks were going to lose. Thee Royals have been beating good teams lately and I thought the Yanks were another victim.

This AM, I saw the score and thought 12-5? The Yankees gave up 7 more runs after the seventh (thinking the Royals had 12). I started reading the story and my jaw dropped. The Yankees had the 12. If I had waited 5 more minutes, I would have seen the comeback.

Amazing.....

Mike,

Didn't see this game at all, but had read that the Royals have just about the worst bullpen in the Majors, so am not surprised that they lost, but am beginning to believe the Yankees have a really good offense this year even without Matsui and Sheffield.

Meanwhile, Mo is shut down until this weekend. Still has a "tight" forearm, whatever that means.

Mike Landi
September 5th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Let Mo sit for a week. We want him rested for the playoffs!

ndebord
September 6th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Let Mo sit for a week. We want him rested for the playoffs!

Mike,

Exactly my sentiments. Meanwhile, Moose was rusty after his two week layoff and the offense went south as the Royals shut out the Yankes last night 5 zip.

Mike Landi
September 6th, 2006, 09:53 AM
You know, as long as this is not a trend, I don't care if they are playing at 3/4 speed now. Moose was rusty. Fine. As long as he is not in pain this AM. (I hope, I hope, I hope...)

Judy G. Russell
September 6th, 2006, 04:13 PM
I was out with family in an area that doesn't even have cellphone service so missed the score. But WOW! what a game report... now if only Mussina gets back in shape FAST...

ndebord
September 6th, 2006, 08:53 PM
I was out with family in an area that doesn't even have cellphone service so missed the score. But WOW! what a game report... now if only Mussina gets back in shape FAST...

Judy,

Moose, more than any other Yankee pitcher is, as Agassi would say, a "process" guy. He'll need to refine his talent. I want him back at his peak in October!

<g>

ndebord
September 6th, 2006, 08:58 PM
You know, as long as this is not a trend, I don't care if they are playing at 3/4 speed now. Moose was rusty. Fine. As long as he is not in pain this AM. (I hope, I hope, I hope...)

Mike,

Not to worry. Not a trend, just an audition for a sore groin which passed muster!

Meanwhile, through six innings, Randy Johnson is lights out tonite. Zero hits, Zero runs, a base on balls and 8 Ks! Yankees lead 5-zip (kind of cool that this should be the score after yesterday's loss)!

Judy G. Russell
September 6th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Final score 8-3... and the 3 was a gimme from later pitchers. Johnson looked fantastic.

Judy G. Russell
September 6th, 2006, 10:47 PM
JI want him back at his peak in October!I'll settle for that!

ndebord
September 7th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Final score 8-3... and the 3 was a gimme from later pitchers. Johnson looked fantastic.

Judy,

Johnson sure was fantastic and he ended up going 7 innings. Proctor and Farnsworth didn't exactly light up the scoreboard, giving up one and two runs respectively, but they got the job done. Farnsworth was particularly annoying, stricking out people and giving up home runs in equal measure.

Mike Landi
September 7th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Give him another start and he will be fine. How about Johnson yesterday?

Judy G. Russell
September 7th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Give him another start and he will be fine. How about Johnson yesterday?Randy was dandy and I hope Moose gets juiced! (That doesn't exactly rhyme but it's the best I could come up with.)

The best thing is that Matsui looked good today in a rehab start...

Judy G. Russell
September 7th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Farnsworth was particularly annoying, stricking out people and giving up home runs in equal measure.He's going to have to step up and do better...

Mike Landi
September 8th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Imagine getting Matsui back with enough time to get him in top form by the playoffs? <drool>

ndebord
September 8th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Imagine getting Matsui back with enough time to get him in top form by the playoffs? <drool>

Mike,

Imagine Matsui at DH and Sheff at first base!

Mike Landi
September 8th, 2006, 01:02 PM
I'm not sure about Sheff at first base....

Having him split DH duties for a while sounds better.

Judy G. Russell
September 8th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Imagine getting Matsui back with enough time to get him in top form by the playoffs? <drool>Wouldn't that be nice... And imagine locking up the division early enough not to have to risk anything in the last few games of September...

Mike Landi
September 8th, 2006, 09:37 PM
...and after this nice daydream, we get our tails kicked up and down Camden Yards by the lowly 'Birds. Gail must be laughing herself silly.

ndebord
September 8th, 2006, 10:31 PM
...and after this nice daydream, we get our tails kicked up and down Camden Yards by the lowly 'Birds. Gail must be laughing herself silly.

Mike,

Everything or just about everything from now until the end of the season is audition for a job in the playoffs. Lidle is slipping while Karstens is rising fast. It has not escaped Joe Torre's attention that the rookie did 5 yoeman innnings and only gave up one run. Meanwhile, the lefthander Henn got in for one inning and promptly gave up a homerun, reminiscent of his stay with the club last year when he went 0-3 with an era over 11.

More important is Giambi, who is struggling badly with injuries and is not hitting. Matsui's return will be a great lift to the team.