PDA

View Full Version : Looking for These People

Guerri Stevens
June 8th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Does anyone have a current Email address for any of these people?

Bruce Rodgers: former Sysop on WPUSERS
Daniel Hunt : WPUSERS member, lived in Buffalo
Ed Still: former WPUSERS Sysop
Frank McCallister: former Sysop on Corel forums on CompuServe
John McAdams: former WPUSERS Sysop
Loren Jenkins
Mark Schaeffer: former WPUSERS Sysop
Michael Reed: posted here in recent past, I think, but not in my archives
Paul Friedman: former WPUSERS Sysop
Ray Reyes: former Sysop on Radio Shack/Tandy forums
Wayne Day: ditto
Ed Plowman: posted here in recent past, but not in my archives

I sent out messages announcing a change of Email addresses. Got a message back from Rick Wilkes!

Judy G. Russell
June 8th, 2005, 10:26 PM
I sent out messages announcing a change of Email addresses. Got a message back from Rick Wilkes!
I hope you invited him to join us here!

chm
June 9th, 2005, 05:55 PM
I'd love to see Art Shaak (Schaak?) and Neil Rubenking again.

Dipping deep into CI$ history there... Still like to see 'em here, though.

Guerri Stevens
June 9th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Rick mentioned that it was interesting what had been done, so he may have been here as a guest.

Judy G. Russell
June 10th, 2005, 03:24 PM
I still occasionally play with some of Neil's toys... the random name generator was his, as I recall.

Judy G. Russell
June 10th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Well, I sure hope he'd come in as more than a guest... or at least as an honored guest.

chm
June 10th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I remember his toys.

Neil did some curious anagram thing with my name once upon a time.

We used to tease each other about Vikings... (His people are from Norway, mine from Sweden)

Lindsey
June 10th, 2005, 06:14 PM
I still occasionally play with some of Neil's toys... the random name generator was his, as I recall.
It was an anagram generator, usually employed to create anagrams from names (hence the name: NAMEGRAM).

There's a commercial one being marketed by someone else, but I can't at the moment remember the name of it. Something like "Egghead" I think.

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
June 10th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Namegram! That's it! (I couldn't for the life of me remember it today. Comes from being forced to be up at 5:30 am, which is really cruel and unusual punishment for a night owl like me...)

Lindsey
June 10th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Comes from being forced to be up at 5:30 am, which is really cruel and unusual punishment for a night owl like me...)

5:30?? Ouch!! I mean, I sometimes wake up at 5:30 or thereabouts, but what I usually do at that point is turn on the radio and then snooze until around 7:00. If I know I have to get up at an early hour like that, I can't sleep at all.

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
June 10th, 2005, 11:46 PM
I didn't have a choice. I had to run an exhibit booth at a conference that (gasp) began at 7:30, so it meant I had to be there and set up by 7 a.m. To do that, I had to get up by 5:30. Sigh... I took a nap when I got home.

Lindsey
June 12th, 2005, 10:19 PM
I didn't have a choice.
Yeah; I hate those situations. And they're invariably the ones in which I can't manage to sleep the night before!

--Lindsey

rlohmann
June 14th, 2005, 04:57 AM
Comes from being forced to be up at 5:30 am, which is really cruel and unusual punishment for a night owl like me...)Nonsense. You'll be a better human being for it.

Judy G. Russell
June 14th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Has anyone told you recently that you lark types are seriously deranged?

chm
June 14th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Re "...lark types are seriously deranged..."

I'll second that.

Not only seriously deranged, but they're so blasted talkative and perky while I'm still waking up. Makes me want to yell "Shut up", "Go away", and "I'll talk later."

Conan O'Brian (sp?) fan (but I'd be up late, anyway),

Carolyn

Judy G. Russell
June 14th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Makes me want to yell "Shut up", "Go away", and "I'll talk later."
I don't want to yell those things. I do yell those things. When anyone is foolish enough to lark around me, that is!

Lindsey
June 14th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Not only seriously deranged, but they're so blasted talkative and perky while I'm still waking up. Makes me want to yell "Shut up", "Go away", and "I'll talk later."
Talkative and perky is bad enough; in my office it sometimes also comes heavily laced with "Darlin'," and "Oh, bless your heart!" and that makes me want to throw something heavy in the direction of all that saccharine.

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
June 14th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Ewwwwww... that would make me very annoyed...

davidh
June 15th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Talkative and perky is bad enough; in my office it sometimes also comes heavily laced with "Darlin'," and "Oh, bless your heart!" and that makes me want to throw something heavy in the direction of all that saccharine.

--Lindsey

Doesn't it make a difference if the speaker is male or female and a hunk or a babe or not ?

David H. [g,d,&r]

fhaber
June 15th, 2005, 10:21 AM
I think Lindsey is talking about H. Sapiens in general, Southern subclass. I found the treacly cheer of a Southern office very hard to deal with at times, at all times of the day.

Judy G. Russell
June 15th, 2005, 12:08 PM
I'm sure you're right. I find it somewhat disconcerting to be called "darlin'" by someone I barely know, and that happens all over the south.

Lindsey
June 15th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Doesn't it make a difference if the speaker is male or female and a hunk or a babe or not ?
I'm picturing some guy saying to me "Oh, bless your heart!" and I think I can decisively say that wouldn't go over any better with me.

--Lindsey

Lindsey
June 15th, 2005, 10:09 PM
I'm sure you're right. I find it somewhat disconcerting to be called "darlin'" by someone I barely know, and that happens all over the south.
This started with just one person, but as so often seems to happen with annoying things like that (cf wiggling smiley faces in e-mail), other people started to pick it up. GAG!! (Rats, there's not an appropriate emoticon...)

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
June 15th, 2005, 10:59 PM
GAG!! (Rats, there's not an appropriate emoticon...)
I can picture one... I wonder if we can add any...

woodswell
June 16th, 2005, 10:02 AM
GAG!! (Rats, there's not an appropriate emoticon...)
http://www.thehighroad.org/images/smilies/barf.gif
Or http://www.ablewise.com/images/extra_icons/puke.gif

chm
June 16th, 2005, 03:11 PM
I don't want to yell those things. I do yell those things. When anyone is foolish enough to lark around me, that is!
Good for you. I may follow your example.

chm
June 16th, 2005, 03:19 PM

--Lindsey
Eww. Please, let me join you.

Carolyn

chm
June 16th, 2005, 03:24 PM
LOL! Woodswell

Everybody, ever have someone call you "hon", then bitch at you, then end her E-Mail -always, regardless - with "hugs!" as the sig tag?

Carolyn

Lindsey
June 16th, 2005, 04:42 PM
LOL!!!!

I love them!!

--Lindsey

Wayne Scott
June 22nd, 2005, 09:47 AM
I would like to see them, and I'd like to see Carolyn Mayer.

Wayne

Wayne Scott
June 22nd, 2005, 09:51 AM
You ladies are lucky that you don't have prostates. At 83 my prostate is about the size of a grapefruit, but my bladder is more the size of a lemon. Since my GSD, Sara, is determined to place herself in the bedroom where I'm most apt to trip over her and break a hip, I subscribed to one of the "I've fallen and I can't get up" companies, First Alert.
Ancient in Athens

Wayne Scott
June 22nd, 2005, 09:53 AM
The Elector is deranged about hours of rising, but at least his politics are sound!

Right Wing in Romania

Wayne Scott
June 22nd, 2005, 09:55 AM

--Lindsey
Sarah: Once more I must agree with you. All that type of stuff just makes decent people (and nasty curmudgeons) nauseous.

Vicious in Vermont

chm
June 22nd, 2005, 03:30 PM

Wayne
Wait a minute - that's me! :eek:

We've met before, haven't we? The name rings a bell...

Carolyn, aka chm

Lindsey
June 22nd, 2005, 10:15 PM
It's nice to know that we agree on the important things!!

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
June 23rd, 2005, 09:32 PM
Don't you dare trip over that dog!

You might hurt the dog.

BrucePatterson
September 16th, 2006, 01:53 PM

Wayne

I'd like to see you again too!

Bruce