PDA

View Full Version : I Keep Getting Logged Out

Guerri Stevens
June 7th, 2005, 07:49 PM
This has happened several times. I will come into the forum, log in, do something, do something else, and all of a sudden, I'm not there any more and have to log in again.

It happened again today, and I'm not totally clear on what I did, but: I have bookmarks to take me to the thread list of each of the forums (sections). I came in today to the Tapcis Support forum. I didn't immediately log in, so when I attempted to post a message, I was asked to do so.

I finished with that forum, then I think I went to the Taproom but I don't know how I navigated there. Probably from the place where it says Tapcis Web Forums > Open Forums > whatever. When I got to the Taproom, I was no longer logged in.

Now, when I log in, I always uncheck the "remember me" box. I don't know how it would remember me - with a cookie, or what, so I was reluctant to leave it checked.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens?

Judy G. Russell
June 7th, 2005, 10:56 PM
It is probably a cookie issue. Try leaving the remember me box checked and see what happens. Also, what are your cookie settings in your browser?

Guerri Stevens
June 8th, 2005, 08:55 PM
OK, this time I left the "remember" box checked.

My cookie settings (I am using Mozilla): enable cookies based on privacy setting, and limit maximum lifetime to current session.

My privacy setting is "medium".

I do delete cookies from time to time, but only after I've finished my online work.

Speaking of privacy: would it be better to choose a different level? I get a lot of "you are leaving a secure site" and "you are entering a secure site" types of messages. It's OK if I'm sitting in front of the computer, but if I go away to do something else while a site loads and come back to find that nothing has happened because it's waiting for a response from one of those messages, it's very irritating.