PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Caslon

Dan in Saint Louis
August 3rd, 2006, 04:15 PM
I know that several of the subscribers here were also active in the Desktop Publishing forum. Does anyone have any use for the Adobe Caslon type library? Two volumes, #180 with 6 versions of Caslon and #181 "Expert Collection" with 16 more variations.

You pay the postage.

ktinkel
August 3rd, 2006, 08:15 PM
I know that several of the subscribers here were also active in the Desktop Publishing forum. Does anyone have any use for the Adobe Caslon type library? Two volumes, #180 with 6 versions of Caslon and #181 "Expert Collection" with 16 more variations.

You pay the postage.I have those fonts, but can attest to their usefulness. Caslon was the popular at the time of the American revolution, and since most of our type came from England, was very popular in this country. The formal declarations were all set in Caslon.

Not that any digital font is exactly like that (for many technical reasons). But Caslon is a grand old type, and this one isn’t bad.

You might want to list them on the DTP Forum (http://desktoppublishingforum.com/bb) — some there might be interested.

:::

earler
August 4th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Yes, adobe caslon is a very good font.

-er