PDA

View Full Version : The 2nd half Yankees

ndebord
August 2nd, 2006, 10:45 PM
Tonight Wang went 8 innings and gave up zero runs. He is now acknowledged as the No. 2 pitcher in the lineup behind Moose. And the new lineup is paying dividends already. Abreu singled and doubled and Wilson had two singles(the guy who will probably play 1st base until or if Shef makes it back).

The Yankees won 5-2, with Villone giving up a two run shot in the 9th inning before closing things out (he had 2 ks too).

When you look at the box, everybody just about contributed. A-Rod 3-5, Jeter 2-4, Bernie and Melky 1-4. even Cairo had a walk and scored a run (and Cano is due back next week!)!!!

<VBG>

Judy G. Russell
August 2nd, 2006, 10:57 PM
<VBG>VBG indeed, and the only thing that would have made it better would have been for Cleveland to do its bit tonight...

ndebord
August 2nd, 2006, 11:27 PM
VBG indeed, and the only thing that would have made it better would have been for Cleveland to do its bit tonight...

Judy,

It looks like a dog fight right on through the dog days of August.

Mike Landi
August 3rd, 2006, 08:04 AM
Actually, I have a feeling that we are about to see a Red Sox fade. They are badly banged up, with now there catcher facing surgery. Three pitchers down, catcher hurt, other than Ortiz and Ramirez, all they have is Schilling.

ndebord
August 3rd, 2006, 09:16 AM
Actually, I have a feeling that we are about to see a Red Sox fade. They are badly banged up, with now there catcher facing surgery. Three pitchers down, catcher hurt, other than Ortiz and Ramirez, all they have is Schilling.

Mike,

I don't buy it. They are a very solid team in the field and Wakefield will be back soon. Wells was back, and vintage too in that his first start stunk up the joint. Par for the course for him. If he is healthy, he gives 7 good innings all the time. Their relief corp is good (outstanding young closer whose name escapes me...some say a young Mo) and Mirabelli (sp) is no Variteck (sp), but then Varitech wasn't Variteck this year. Schilling and Beckett are a first rate 1-2 punch. Beckett is having first year struggles from the national to the american, but has been coming on strong in his last few starts.

I think dog fight. Manny and Papi are the most feared one-two punch in baseball.

Mike Landi
August 3rd, 2006, 09:36 AM
We'll see. I see Wells falling apart again and Schilling is giving up a lot of runs.

...and there ain't no other Mo out there. Period. <g>

Judy G. Russell
August 3rd, 2006, 12:28 PM
Actually, I have a feeling that we are about to see a Red Sox fade. They are badly banged up, with now there catcher facing surgery. Three pitchers down, catcher hurt, other than Ortiz and Ramirez, all they have is Schilling.I would love to think you're right, but I sure don't see any signs of it.

Mike Landi
August 3rd, 2006, 09:19 PM
Stay tuned.

ndebord
August 3rd, 2006, 10:23 PM
Stay tuned.

Mike,

O.K., prescient one. Beckett got bombed tonight by Cleveland, losing 7-6 and Lidle, in his debutante appearance with the Yankees, beat Toronto 8-1 giving up only one run and four hits in six innings. The bullpen finished it out with 3 innings of scoreless work, with Ponson closing for 1 1/3 innings and giving up nada!

<VBG>

Yankees definitely in first place now. One game up on Beantown.

Judy G. Russell
August 4th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Stay tuned.Pretty please... it would be soooooo nice...

Mike Landi
August 4th, 2006, 04:44 PM
You gonna start defending Boston? <vbg>

ndebord
August 4th, 2006, 06:43 PM
You gonna start defending Boston? <vbg>

Mike,

Aargh! Bite your tongue (and every other part of your anatomy you can reach).

'Dem's fighting words!

<VBG>

Mike Landi
August 5th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Bite your tongue (and every other part of your anatomy you can reach).

ROFL!!!