PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo mail question

Judy G. Russell
August 1st, 2006, 12:27 PM
Once upon a time, roughly a million years ago or so, I set up a Yahoo mail account that I occasionally use. I just discovered that it has a reply-to feature set to my old compuserve account. I can't for the life of me see where to change that. Anybody got a clue? Thanks!

davidh
August 1st, 2006, 02:43 PM
Once upon a time, roughly a million years ago or so, I set up a Yahoo mail account that I occasionally use. I just discovered that it has a reply-to feature set to my old compuserve account. I can't for the life of me see where to change that. Anybody got a clue? Thanks!

Click "Options" on the right

then look for "General Preferences" under the "Management" column on the "Mail Options" screen at which you arrived by having clicked on "Options" in the first step.

You will see the "Reply to" after you click "General Preferences"

DH

BTW, the "my account" link that you see on most Yahoo web pages is only for your "account per se". Another way to put it is that you can make your name different in every Yahoo service you use and still keep it all under a single account, I think.

Since there are many bad people on the Internet I don't use my real name in some groups, for example. But I did use my real name in my basic/main Yahoo account. My reasoning was that when the FBI tries to make a case against me it would be harder for them to prove that I was really trying to hide from the authorities, if my real name is on the base/main account. Mere users can't see who you really are unless you intentionally want to troll for people, etc.

Judy G. Russell
August 1st, 2006, 03:09 PM
Yahoo! (Literally!) That was it, David. I don't know how I missed that the last time around -- I did look at that page and overlooked that completely.

Thanks!