PDA

View Full Version : CD Printer recommendation?

Judy G. Russell
July 24th, 2006, 07:14 PM
I want to get an inexpensive printer that will print directly onto CDs. Any recommendations?

Jeff
July 25th, 2006, 12:46 PM
I want to get an inexpensive printer that will print directly onto CDs. Any recommendations?

You want to put them in the paper tray, do you?

- Jeff

Gary Maltzen
July 25th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Any recommendations?Epson R220 can be found for $99. Friends use the R340 for their SOHO business and it works quite well.
I am assuming low volume.

Judy G. Russell
July 25th, 2006, 02:49 PM
You want to put them in the paper tray, do you? Well, I think most of these printers have a special tray, but yes, directly onto the CD and not onto a label to be stuck on the CD.

Judy G. Russell
July 25th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Epson R220 can be found for $99. Friends use the R340 for their SOHO business and it works quite well. I am assuming low volume.Yep, low volume for sure. I'll check out both of those, Gary, thanks!

Gary Maltzen
July 25th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Pointing out the obvious: since you will be printing directly on CDs/DVDs you will need media intended for that, e.g. with a blank face. At aI previous employer we bought CDs in gross with a special blank matte face.

Judy G. Russell
July 25th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Pointing out the obvious: since you will be printing directly on CDs/DVDs you will need media intended for that, e.g. with a blank face. I already have the CDs (almost by accident, ordered the right ones for this purpose)! But I really want the printer...

Jeff
July 26th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Well, I think most of these printers have a special tray, but yes, directly onto the CD and not onto a label to be stuck on the CD.

And here I thought I was being cute. There really are such things?

- Jeff

Judy G. Russell
July 26th, 2006, 12:48 PM
And here I thought I was being cute. There really are such things?Yep. Check out the Epson R220 (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?oid=58654761) that Gary mentioned. You print directly onto an inkjet printable CD, so your home-made CDs have labels as pretty as the ones you buy in stores.

Mike Landi
July 26th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Yep. Check out the Epson R220 (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?oid=58654761) that Gary mentioned. You print directly onto an inkjet printable CD, so your home-made CDs have labels as pretty as the ones you buy in stores.

So, it can print holograms? <gd&r>

Judy G. Russell
July 26th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Okay, so the labels won't be as cool as SOME of the ones you buy in stores. So sue me.

Lindsey
July 26th, 2006, 10:36 PM
And here I thought I was being cute. There really are such things?
Yeah, that was my reaction, too, when I did a Google search. You and I are just too far behind the curve...

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
July 27th, 2006, 12:08 AM
You and I are just too far behind the curve...Now now... you should know me better than that. If I'd been joking, I'd have put my question in the TapRoom!

earler
July 27th, 2006, 04:49 AM
It is certainly far safer to print onto the cd (or dvd) rather than add a label. A label can, and often will, cause problems.

-er

Judy G. Russell
July 29th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Which is why I'm not doing that.