PDA

View Full Version : Freudian slip...?

Judy G. Russell
July 22nd, 2006, 08:21 AM
So... the real question is whether Bush's fumble-mouth is catching, or whether Condi Rice indulged in a Freudian slip when she said, in an interview taped this week, that the US was hoping for an "endurable peace" in the Middle East...

ndebord
July 22nd, 2006, 09:22 PM
So... the real question is whether Bush's fumble-mouth is catching, or whether Condi Rice indulged in a Freudian slip when she said, in an interview taped this week, that the US was hoping for an "endurable peace" in the Middle East...

Judy,

All hail the open mike provided courtesy of Red China.

As for Rice, she still is NOT the heavy hitter in the Bush Administration.

Lindsey
July 22nd, 2006, 11:49 PM
Hmmmm; maybe she was the inspiration behind naming Georgie's (not so) Excellent Iraq Adventure "Operation Enduring Freedom".

I remember thinking at the time, "Are they trying to say that freedom is something that must be endured?" (I'm sure that's the way most Iraqis must be seeing it now.)

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
July 23rd, 2006, 11:45 AM
All hail the open mike provided courtesy of Red China.Somehow I don't think they're to blame for what she says on Larry King Live.

As for Rice, she still is NOT the heavy hitter in the Bush Administration.She actually is one of the heavy hitters... which is one of the things that's scary about the Bush Administration...

Judy G. Russell
July 23rd, 2006, 11:46 AM
Hmmmm; maybe she was the inspiration behind naming Georgie's (not so) Excellent Iraq Adventure "Operation Enduring Freedom". I remember thinking at the time, "Are they trying to say that freedom is something that must be endured?" (I'm sure that's the way most Iraqis must be seeing it now.)Lord yes... those poor people... I wonder how many of them would choose what they have now versus what they had before...

Lindsey
July 23rd, 2006, 10:05 PM
Lord yes... those poor people... I wonder how many of them would choose what they have now versus what they had before...
Talk about a Hobson's Choice . . .

--Lindsey

Judy G. Russell
July 24th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Talk about a Hobson's Choice . . .Ain't that the truth... or a choice between Scylla and Charybdis...